Forum

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    That did, it looks like that the .dll files required got moved during the client update. Thanks a lot. Also is there a manual of sort for Cross Talk. I mainly use the Stereo Position Spread aspect of it and was wondering if there are certain configurations or values i should set for the best effect. As a podcaster i have multiple people in a channel when recording and it has been until now a problem when more then 1 person speaks at same time. Of course Cross Talk fixes that but i am wondering if there are any settings that can help make it even better?

Well, that wasn't a "smart move" of that updater, was it. I do hope it's not a common issue or even intended.

I'll be trying to bring up documentation in english on the Github page, while a friend of mine is going to set up a dedicated page with german documentation.
    For the stereo spread, however, that's pretty much set and forget. One potentially interesting tidbit for podcasting might be that if you don't need the "expert" feature set for whispers and other tabs, if you disable it the module will have more space in the stereo field to spread to since the outer ends aren't reserved for particular input identification and it'll make use of it from the very second speaker.

PTT issue found and fixed.
    However, it's way late so I'll better make another test run tomorrow before uploading 1.2.1.

v1.2.1 is up on the download page.

* fixes SnT crash reported by DeMiNe0
    * fixes a remaining problem in the ChannelDucker Module when using multiple tabs

Thank you guys for reporting those problems.
    It is in fact not a given that "someone else has probably reported it anyway" or "the developer surely has noticed already", so thanks for that and sorry for the "outage".

As far as I'm concerned, I don't have any issues open on 1.2.1.
    If there are remaining problems, please report.

Going to be using this during a cross server op, with about 150 people in channel. I'll let you know how it goes.

v1.2.2 is up on the download page.

* fixes a bug reporting an error about whether the client is a query on client leave
    * Priority Speakers won't get channel ducked
    * adds update notifications

Note that update notifications won't be able to work with API version changes (while hopefully otherwise, they will ).
    Last edited by Philosound; April 25th, 2013 at 06:20 PM.

v1.2.3 is up on the download page
    * fixes a problem with the SNT commands that include target servers when the server isn't found
    * support SnT Target Servers including spaces - use quotes ("My Server")

This addon is sounding absolutely perfect. Was totally stoked when I saw it. However it doesn't seem to be working at all...that is if it does what I think it does. I don't have any fancy setups in teamspeak..just a bunch of guys from my MWO house in one channel. Are they supposed to be pushed around to different speakers on my Razer 7.1 Headset? If so that's not happening!

Quite new to TS so not sure what to send you in the way of log files etc. Please let me know if u need this to figure out what the problem is. Any help much appreciated!

Thanks for the report.
    Unless I generally broke sth. then yes, if they are speaking at the same time, they're supposed to be spread in the stereo field.

Just to make sure, start with going to Settings->Plugins->CrossTalk->Settings and check if the stereo position spread module is enabled. You may turn off the advanced settings for basic usage (no-multitab, no whispers).

If there had been an error, there's an icon at the lower right of the ts window indicating that, or Extras->Client Protocol->Filter for extras. If there is, I'd need that.

Otherwise, I may have to look into it again. Your report being the first user with actual multichannel hardware, there may be a problem with the panning module since I tested only stereo due to lack of multichannel here at home. Gonna have to think about how to test that, but let's first exclude the other options mentioned above.

Edith: Oh, and as as usual when I go shopping, I remembered sth. else. If you'd be so kind to check your playback profile if it's mono to stereo, to center, or to surround. Surround won't work for "some sort of upmixing conflict" I'd rather spare the details
    Also uncheck 3d audio there if it is.
    Last edited by Philosound; May 29th, 2013 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philosound View Post
    Edith: Oh, and as as usual when I go shopping, I remembered sth. else. If you'd be so kind to check your playback profile if it's mono to stereo, to center, or to surround. Surround won't work for "some sort of upmixing conflict" I'd rather spare the details
    Also uncheck 3d audio there if it is.
    Well all I can say is thank god u went shopping! Yep was set to surround. I've changed it to stereo and wow..That's an awesome difference!

So do the different people talking always get moved to the same channel when speaking at the same time as someone else or is it random?

Would be awesome if you could look into 7.1 setups.. Imagine if each different person could be assigned to a specific speaker... but then what do I know no idea how u even managed to make it this cool!

Thanks for the plugin and double thanks for the quick response mate.

EDIT: No big deal, but when closing TS I got a 'Teamspeak has crashed' message, leading me to a dump file. As this has never happened before I assume its something to do with the plugin. I can't read it in notepad, but just in case you want it get it from here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._46.247034.dmp

Clients are put in the next empty spot of a position sequence that goes like center, middle left, middle right, just-some-left etc., giving them the most "place" possible. Once stopped talking the slot is cleared, so folks may end up at diff. positions during the evening.
    However, since it's "only" active when multiple ones talk, I figured any remember-position approach would end up causing more problems than they solve. Also, I have other stuff in the works for positioning (tease), which might audibly conflict if the position spread module would go over-the-tops in it's effect. It's meant to be a subtile enhancement, leaving room for that-which-utilize-surround-and-such to be audibly compatible (hopefully).
    Also, as I recall (my quad setup is currently, well, not set up), you wouldn't really enjoy screaming from behind you continuously, it's creepy ;D
    I ran the dump through debugging, however sadly only end up at QtGUI (the graphics library both teamspeak and the crosstalk options dialog use), so it might totally be me, however I got no hint yet as of what causes this (without causing it at my machine).
    I'm going to overhaul the options ui for the next update anyways, maybe the problem gets accidentally fixed xD
    If you happen to recognize a certain context for this to occur (plugin ui open when closing or whatever), please report.
    Last edited by Philosound; May 30th, 2013 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philosound View Post
    I ran the dump through debugging, however sadly only end up at QtGUI (the graphics library both teamspeak and the crosstalk options dialog use), so it might totally be me, however I got no hint yet as of what causes this (without causing it at my machine).
    I'm going to overhaul the options ui for the next update anyways, maybe the problem gets accidentally fixed xD
    If you happen to recognize a certain context for this to occur (plugin ui open when closing or whatever), please report.
    you might get this result if you are deleting stuff delayed from within the gui or some qt object used in that gui gets delay deleted, at least I had that once.
    Also given the nature of the plugin maybe someone starts talking while you are already deleting stuff and some object you reference was already deleted but the client hasn't finished the shutdown procedure yet, though it shouldn't really point to the gui in that case.

(Even the current) config is only connected to the modules via signals and slots, so the later shouldn't be an issue I guess (though I did have loads of fun with the talk events).

One thing I already found is I haven't set the DeleteOnClose attribute, which should be a good catch-all. Granted, the dialog is a child of mainwindow, however it shouldn't hurt should it xD Additionally I guess I could use more guarded pointers via QPointer<T> just to make sure at some places. Nonetheless, might still be a coincidence given the sole report and the non-reproduceability on my end. It'd be cool to hear back if this happens actually continuously and/or for more users.

v1.3.0, as promised, overhauls the ui, moving the options to the plugin menu of the mainwindow for more comfortable access.

Per user-request: Adds Plugin Command to toggle a servergroup
    Per user-request: Adds Hotkey for toggling the ChannelMuter.

Also, since people keep asking for Walkie Talkie, I've added a Radio FX module with a twist.
    Note that the sound itself it produces may be subject to changes - feedback is welcome.
    Best used with ts mic clicks for now.
    Name:  ct_screenie_radio.png
Views: 2621
Size:  13.6 KB

v1.3.1 bandaids disfunctionality of whisper processing in Position Spread and Radio FX caused by http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...EditXDataEvent

Thread Information