Forum

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

[HELP] Crosstalk Help

Hello,

So I was wondering if someone can give me some good settings for Crosstalk for military/police use. I use a TS3 and we like to be very RP, and I am trying to get the best settings.

Thanks,
    Devon Obrien
    Last edited by dante696; June 3rd, 2015 at 08:56 AM. Reason: merged

Crosstalk Help

I'm trying to use Crosstalk in gmod, and it seems to recognise the game and all that, as well as the min/max distances working fine... HOWEVER, the voice attenuation doesn't seem to work, people tend to get louder the further away they are UNTIL the max distance.
    Last edited by dante696; June 3rd, 2015 at 08:51 AM. Reason: merged

This has been fixed on the beta channel.
    Options -> Plugins -> CrossTalk -> Settings -> Check "Beta Channel"

A dialog will appear, confirmation will open the Beta download in the default browser.
    Download, install (TS needs to be closed for installing plugins).

If any of you happen to be on GC, I'll be idling at the overwolf/teamspeak booth regularly thursday to saturday.
    A great opportunity to talk about the lack of feature updates that last year in my face

Issues with crosstalk add on and windows 10

Not sure if anyone has seen this yet but me and a few friends noticed on windows 10 cross talk add on is not working. On windows 7 had it setup for the radio fx for commander in one ear only, upgraded to windows 10 reinstalled ts and cross talk. Now all the fx and changing ear pieces it plays in is not working.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this or if there is a better addon that works to make commander better and works with windows 10?
    Last edited by Renwault; September 3rd, 2015 at 09:36 PM.

As the source code isn't using anything at all from the windows API, I dunno.
    We had quite some changes in a short amount of time, there was also the client update to 3.0.17 which included an update of Qt and the msvc compiler - one of those I'd rather suspect to cause trouble of some sorts.

Are there any error messages in the client log?

Sorry did not see your post. No there are no messages or errors. I have tried older versions of team speak and of cross talk and still no change.

I've not used teamspeak in some time now. I just undated to the latest beta 3.0.18 and another crosstalk window showed offering a new beta. I have v1.6.2.010901 currently. I click ok and it goes to http://jianji.de/crosstalk/ but there's nothing there. What is your latest version and where can it be downloaded from.

What's next for crosstalk?

I moved the Beta Channel to:
    https://github.com/thorwe/CrossTalk/releases

Quote Originally Posted by Philosound View Post
    Thanks, all updated now.

So what plans for the future of crosstalk?

I think making the feature set that's currently there better will still keep me busy for a while...
    Next I'm thinking about a sane way to add an option to have RadioFX settings per channel, a request that made a lot of sense to me convenience wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Philosound View Post
    I think making the feature set that's currently there better will still keep me busy for a while...
    Next I'm thinking about a sane way to add an option to have RadioFX settings per channel, a request that made a lot of sense to me convenience wise.
    That's good to hear, keep up the good work and thanks for the reply.

If you check out this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k4jPXLbAdc

Your hear various hiss levels as well. Is this something you could look into. The hiss is often dull and soft. Makes it easier to hear the voices plus still adds an audible hiss. I quite like it.

Also. Would you be interested in creating crosstalk for the Discord chat, once that has the api ready. https://discordapp.com
    I've found it real nice to use on both webpage and the standalone software.
    Last edited by JonnyRedHed; November 8th, 2015 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Added question about Discord verson of crosstalk

Crosstalk crash when switching servers.

Since some time i experienced a strange issue with my client. It happens when i'm currently on a server in the tab(serverConnectionHandler) and try to connect to another server in the same tab.

What should happen:

1. I click on a bookmark or click on connect in the dialog
    2. Disconnecting from the server im currently on.
    3. Connecting to the new server.

What happens:

1. I click on a bookmark or click on connect in the dialog
    2. Disconnecting from the server im currently on.
    3. Crashing instantly

I tried to debug with visual studio 2013 community (screenshot) and it says that it stopped at:
    Code:
    00007FFBC190A376 48 8B 49 10          mov         rcx,qword ptr [rcx+10h]
    P.S. It also happens when i try to reconnect (connect to the exact same bookmark)

I attached the crashdumps if they help.

Specs: TS³Client Win64 Version: 3.0.18.2 [Build: 1445512488]
    On Windows 8.1 x64

Is this reproducable without any activated plugin?

Moved t plugin sections since it belongs to crosstalk
    Last edited by dante696; November 17th, 2015 at 07:41 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I already know that it's caused by a plugin cause with my 2'n (empty) testclient everything works fine even when trying to "fake-flood" my server with reconnects.

My Question is which plugin is causing the client to become that instable. If i at least would get the name of the DLL where its crashing then i could fix or disable it.

Thread Information