Forum

Thread: Server issue.

Server issue.

Hi guys.

I might have a bought Annual Activation License (AAL) and I'm trying to set up my server. I'm using a PPOE connection. The problem is that the provider has a dynamic address protocol and when ever I restart my PC the router assigns itself and the PC other IP addresses, thus rendering the previous TS3 server I created useless. Can anyone explain how I should create the server so that even after a reboot would be still up?

Thanks a lot!

Regards!

P.S. This is what happens if I don't read stuff before making a buy. I have the AAL licence but i dont know if I need it. I just wanted to set up a guild server. Should I have rented a server instead of actually buying a licence? I'm a bit confused now
    Last edited by juewel; January 11th, 2013 at 07:56 AM.

If i don't get wrong, you should assing to your pc (the one that hosts the server) a static ip address and register it on http://www.no-ip.com or on other similar sites to make your ip not changing at every reboot.
    Personally i followed this guide. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CjGT23flGo It's in spanish, but from the video you can understand hot to register the hosts ecc ecc..

If you need a ts3 server for your guild, before buying AAL license, you were able to get a non-profit license (cost= 0 $) but you have to match to some requirments to get it, or rent a server to host your guild (cost= really cheap e.g. 2$ or less, depends on how many slots do you need).

Hei S.

Thanks for the reply. So what you are telling me is that I made a mistake buying the license?
    I just want to have a server on which people from my guild can log when ever they want. I should have rented one, right?

Cheers!

Thread Information