Forum

Assign server groups to people only in the channel admin's channel tree?

Is it possible to set up the permissions so that if a channel admin creates a tree of channels etc that they will be able to assign server groups to people in their own channels and yet not be able to assign server groups to people outside of their channels?

The reason I ask is that you can't have multiple channel groups, so my only option is to let people assign server groups. The issue is I don't want those people with their own channel family to go applying and removing server groups off people in other channels they have no access to etc.

Is this possible?

I think not. The concept of the server group - as the name suggests - is that it applys server wide, and is not in any case dependent on any channel tree. This feature is only linked to channel groups. They inherit down a channel tree. If you are channel admin in the top most channel of a tree you will be channel admin in any channel below.

No I know that what I am referring to is being able to assign server groups to people only if they are in your channel. They would then have that server group where ever they go in my server but the owners of channels could not go assigning and removing server groups from people outside their channel(s) ?

it sounds like channel groups....
    realy ...

If you make group permanent and have fun with add and remove permissions it would be able to work like you want ^^

PS: where is the different between channel and server groups besides the area they work ?

I want my other clans who have channel admin over their section to be able to assign the people in their channels server groups. So they can assign and remove server groups all day long but ONLY to the people in their channels. That way I protect my members from someone else assigning and removing MY clan's server groups who are in totally different areas of the server. I tried thinking about using client permission modify permission but I just am not sure if this can be done.

I've tested it... if you have i_group_member_add_power with enough (>=i_group_member_needed_add_power) you can assign server groups to everony if they are in your channer or not! Even if you only got this right "i_group_member_add_power" from a channel group you may modify server groups from users not in that channel where you got your rights.

Hello

Please read this thread : http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...cific-channel)
    You can get a main spirit from your idea.

Next time please use the forum search function
    Last edited by Chris; January 17th, 2013 at 01:36 PM.

I close this thread.

We allow to assign a server group to the whole virtual server only and we allow to assign a channel group to a specific channel and it's sub-channel only.
    Last edited by Chris; January 17th, 2013 at 01:36 PM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information