Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Question Running TeamSpeak Server as Service on Windows Server 2012

I'm not perfectly sure my issue is related to Windows Server 2012 - but as I've had TeamSpeak installed as service without any trouble on a Windows Server 2008R2 box, this is the only reason I can think of.

Basically, TeamSpeak runs fine when started via Explorer or console, there service is "installed correctly" as far as I can tell (TS3ServiceWrapper.InstallLog says "Service TS3Server has been successfully installed."). For testing, I'm using an administrator user to run the service - so there shouldn't be any permissions issues ... but still, when trying to start the service, I'm getting:

Code:
    Windows could not start the TS3Server service on Local Computer.

Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
    TeamSpeak server and TS3ServiceWrapper are both the most current versions (as far as I can tell). TeamSpeaker server: 3.0.6.1, TS3ServiceWrapper: 1.0.0.0 (2010-03-12).

Any ideas what's going wrong?

TS3ServiceWrapper is a 3rd party tool and no supported by TeamSpeak, you will have to contact the author of that tool for any questions related to it.

It might be that the working directory is not set correctly when TeamSpeak is started as service, or it might be that the 3rd party tool simply doesn't support Windows server 2012 which wouldn't surprise me at all. There were some pretty big changes with Server 2012 iirc and the tool you are using is quite old, so chances are it's simply incompatible.

OK, got support from Scordo and found out what my problem was: I only had .NET 4.5 installed on that server. But TS3ServiceWrapper depends on .NET 3.5. I fixed the path for the installer (that had complained earlier) - but the service itself also didn't run without 3.5.

After installing the .NET 3.5 feature on the server, almost all is well (I'll post about the IP-issue in a separate thread).

EDIT: Never mind ... the "IP-issue" was sitting in front of the computer ;-) ... I thought "assign to all IPs" didn't work but actually, it does work.

Thread Information