Forum

Teamspeak and Alienware problem (SLi problem!)

Well, I had a problem with my old Alienware M18x (580M GTX) were I got a red flickering screen during games when I had SLi activated, work fine without SLi.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/alie...-possible.html

Dell could never fix this problem so after 7 month I got a new computer but Dell didnt want to give me a 680M GTX SLi, they got me a 675M GTX SLi (which is okey but after 7 months without a computer, i thought they could try and compensate the hassel). Anyway, I just bought myself a new Alienware M18x with 680M GTX SLi (so now I have three alienware computers, my old 580M, 675M and 680M) I have been playing for 1 week without problems on my 680M GTX SLi alienware but the minute I installed teamspeak, the problem came back! Was playing for 5 min then the red flicking started again.

Tried to uninstall teamspeak but the problems didn't go away, deactivated SLi and guess what happend? The problem went away! I never linked the TS and this issue last time as I never thought it was possible but when it happend now.....well, what would you say?

Settings->Plugins and Untick all plugins and close.

That's probably an overlay.

Well, if I have uninstalled TS, should it matter then?

Hmmm sorry I didn't read that part.

Then I don't know what should be. Do you have your nvidia drivers up to date?

Ofcourse, 310.90. Just removed the driver completely and installed it again. Didnt help.

Last time, when I didn't know that it was TS that caused the problem then (come one, who would have thought so), I formatted and re-installed windows several times. Nothing helped. Dell changed the hole computer and nothing help..

Seems like TS have cause a hardware problem now.... f****** s***

Please post a full client log of when this happens, also include dxdiag, operating system, etc.

Teamspeak is not going to damage your hardware. If a format and reinstall doesnt fix your problem then that sucks but coming onto the Teamspeak forum to complain seems a tad silly. While this may have happened around the time you installed Teamspeak that doesn't make it the problem.

Thread Information