Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Logging channel messages

Hello you guys,

teamspeak 2 had a feature where it logged all channel messages on the server side. I used this to extract all URLs that contained links to pictures to generate a RSS-feed of all the cute cat pictures the users exchanged.
    It seems teamspeak 3 doesn't offer chat logging any more? Please note that I am not talking about user to user private chat, but messages by users to the channels or the whole server.

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

I have the same problem, I searched everything about this, fooled around with the ServerQuery but didn't manage to start the thing to log the channel conversations.

Answers would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Allium sativum culto; January 22nd, 2013 at 05:21 PM. Reason: typo

The server does not log any chat, only the client has the ability to log chats.

Aww, this is very sad. Is there a way to use bots (but no real clients) I can park in each channel? I'd not be interested in the voice data - do server query users receiver chats?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The server does not log any chat, only the client has the ability to log chats.
    Thanks for clarifying that.

Yes, server query clients can receive channel chat, but they have to register for receiving it (servernotifyregister).
    Since just like real clients, they can only be in one channel at a time, you'd need to have a query client in each channel at all times, which depending on the amount of channels you got could waste quite a few slots.

Thread Information