Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question iPad Mini & iPhone 5 - Feedback from others in channel even with headset.

Ok.. I use my Apple headphones w/mic on my iPad and iPhone when using for Teamspeak with Voice Activation. I prefer to use my iPad because of the larger display.

The issue is, when others in my channel talk, Teamspeak's Voice Activation somehow picks up other people speaking in the channel and activates.. The results is echo'ing.. It does not do this on my iPhone.

When I go into Voice Activation Level on my iPad Mini, it shows a constant green and when others talk it spikes and activates the mic.. I have a headset on.. this should not be happening at all.. It does not do it with the same headphones on my iPhone.. so I'm confused.

Any ideas? this a bug on the iPad Mini?

Hey there,

i have the same issue as well - ipad Mini Echos all other Channel member even with headset from iPhone.
    Any advice? Reinstall and resetting pad doesnt help :/

Greetings

Question Voice Activation Problems

Hello Community,

I have the following Problem:

If i use Voice Activation on the iPad 2, everyone can here my Music or my Output Sound of every Kind (teamspeak, notifications, calendar reminder, Youtube Videos etc or even if someone speaks, all the other people in the Channel will hear it Double Over my Sound-Output.

I tried it with and without different headsets, with and without microphone on headset.
    Have the latest iOS Version , the latest ts3 update.

With my iPhone4 i dont have These Problems.
    The best comes now: my friend has the same Problems on his iPad too ... If i am in teamspeak using my Computer, and my friend is in teamspeak via his iPad, he has the same Problem like me.
    But why??? We tried everything! It's like Sound-Output = Microphone Input at everytime. Any ideas?

adjust the voice activation level in the settings or use PTT.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    adjust the voice activation level in the settings or use PTT.
    If i lower the Voice activation level i automatically reduce the Sound volume level. I won't hear anybody if i adjust the Voice activation level. I Have Paid for this App. And i dont want to use PTT.....

I also have this problem on an iphone 4. I keep both my iphone and ts software updated.
    But this app is driving everyone nuts with the echo: and is pretty much unusable without this being fixed.

I never had this problem with the old app... And are using the same headphones and iphone...

I have tried various earphones (ie apple ones, turtle beach earphones as well as a few cheapies) and all found the same problem: it keeps picking up the people I am speaking too.

Any advice would be great. Particularly since this is the only place for support for this app..

We could not reproduce this on an ipad.

Problem with using push to talk: it does not fix the problem. If someone talks over you, the echo is still there...

The only way I can use this app at the moment is to have the voice activation really high, turn the sound right down and have the mic right next to my mouth. Not practical at all...

Well if the speakers are that loud that the mic pics up the sound from the speakers, there is really nothing we can do about that.

But that is not the problem: there is headphones in! I don't know about the others with their problems, but with my iPhone 4 I could have the sound completely off and it still will pick up the persons voice who I am talking to if I don't have the record level extremely high..,

Edit: just have been testing it further, if I have a podcast running in the background it also picks up that sound. With the headphones being in, there is no reason for that to happen...
    Last edited by wutsherface; May 29th, 2013 at 06:52 AM.

I have the same problem as others here.
    This works without any problems on my iPhone 4S with the default settings.
    Whether voice activation or push to talk.
    Unfortunately, completely unusable on my iPad 4 due to feedback from others in channel.
    This with the same made ​​for iPhone / iPad / iPod earphone an a-JAYS Four.

I just tested this on an iPhone 5 (iOS 6.1.4) and an iPad mini (iOS 6.1.3) while using Apples EarPods and an old set of HTC headphones. I could not reproduce the issue you're describing. Here's a screenshot of the iPhone while someone was talking:

http://250kb.de/u/130618/p/fbVEqJSeRyOk.png

Are your devices up-to-date? What kind of headset were you using?

Both devices are up to date and i use the same earphone an a-JAYS Four.
    http://www.jays.se/products/a-jays-four

With my Iphone 4S the green bar does not move when another person speaks :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	23f00836-d906-4029-b77e-3d359fd73f12.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	8381

With my Ipad 4 the green bar moves when another person speaks :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51ca6377-fb8d-41f6-9082-63bcc37551e7.jpg 
Views:	441 
Size:	236.0 KB 
ID:	8382

Sorry for thread Necro, but I have EXACT same issue as described above and no solution . Running on iPad 4th gen, latest iOS, bougth the app last weekend, using Sony headset MDR-ZX300IP.

Note that Ockham's razor would suggest crosstalk.
    I'd suggest testing with some free audio recording app. Other VoIP solutions aren't as good for that test as a potentially present echo cancellation, while not specifically designed for battling crosstalk (as that shouldn't happen in the first place), might be running and distort the test since the way that algorithm works helps with it as a secondary effect.

Thread Information