Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Evoluent Mouse 4: Keys not recognized for push-to-talk

Windows 7
    64 bit

I have an Evoluent 4 vertical mouse. There are several keys on the mouse. TS won't recogzine the 3, 5 & 6 buttons. I've tried several options: customizing for the application, changing default for hotkey and playback profiles, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

FYI, the E3 I had worked fine with TS.

Try using different Hotkey detection method in settings -> options -> hotkeys (above the apply button).
    You might also want to try and use the 3.0.10 beta client, instructions can be found in the Announcement section of this forum.

Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried changing they hotkeys from default to direct input and then keyboard & mouse only. No luck. I'll try the beta. Will that interfere with using the servers I am currently able to access?

I tried the beta. It did not fix the problem.

I uninstalled the EV4 mouse manager software/driver. The push to talk now works with all buttons but the mouse does not function optimally without the software/driver. Not a good solution just to have one fuction available in TS.

The support folks for Evoluent think that the software conflicts since the absence of the driver for the mouse solves the push-to-talk problem.

Well if it works without the driver, then the driver does some weird stuff that prevents the keys from being properly detected. TeamSpeak is just using several methods (depending on which one you choose in the options) that are default like DirectInput or Windows Hooks, so to me it would sound like the driver is to blame.

Thread Information