Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Lightbulb [Suggestion] a few UI and file structure ideas

I've been using TS3 for quite a while now and I've learned to live with some of it's drawbacks but I thought I'd offer a few suggestions, mostly UI related I suppose

• Allow Icons for [cSpacer] currently if you create a cSpacer and include a chanel icon it doesn't show up in the UI
    • allow icons bigger than 16x16 but downscale them to 16x16 for channels
    • an option to stop TS3 from monopolizing your headphones and passing everything else through your speakers (a checkbox option would be great) it would save users from having to disable all there other outputs if they use multiple ones at times.
    • for the File browser how about creating hierarchies? Example below
      ╦Server Channel 0
      ╚Sub Channel 1
      ╚Sub Channel 2
      *Following that hierarchy, anything in Sub Channel 1 & 2 would show up in it's own folder within Server Channel 0
    • a way to force a specific image size, [img size="240x400"] or [img size="30%"] that way you can downscale images to fit in certain places without having to resize them yourself
    • a way to limit the image height x width of user's custom image

I'm not really suggesting this last one, but a raise in user cap for free servers might be nice instead of 32 I'd love to be able to host 40 players but would even be happy with a single user upgrade, but don't hold this against my previous suggestions, those were ones I really hope to see as this one is more of a shot in the dark hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by Fates View Post
    [*]Allow Icons for [cSpacer] currently if you create a cSpacer and include a chanel icon it doesn't show up in the UI
    Spacers are intended to break up the channel tree and separate stuff - if you have a continuous line of icons on either side this would kinda defeat that purpose.

[*]an option to stop TS3 from monopolizing your headphones and passing everything else through your speakers (a checkbox option would be great) it would save users from having to disable all there other outputs if they use multiple ones at times.
    would you mind explaining this? I can listen to music / games / video fine over my speakers while at the same time listening to TeamSpeak through my Headset.

[*]for the File browser how about creating hierarchies? Example below
    ╦Server Channel 0
    ╚Sub Channel 1
    ╚Sub Channel 2
    *Following that hierarchy, anything in Sub Channel 1 & 2 would show up in it's own folder within Server Channel 0
    Global Filebrowser was requested before and rejected. This won't happen, though a plugin might provide this feature if someone wanted to do it.

[*]a way to limit the image height x width of user's custom image
    Avatars are already limited to 300 x 300 pixels. There won't be any option to increase or decrease this number. It's not really important.

I'm not really suggesting this last one, but a raise in user cap for free servers might be nice instead of 32 I'd love to be able to host 40 players but would even be happy with a single user upgrade, but don't hold this against my previous suggestions, those were ones I really hope to see as this one is more of a shot in the dark hopeful.
    Just going to ignore this, has been discussed to death by now. There are various licenses available if you want to increase the amount of slots you can use.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Spacers are intended to break up the channel tree and separate stuff - if you have a continuous line of icons on either side this would kinda defeat that purpose.
    but wouldn't the option to allow users to decide if they want to break that icon tree or not be up to them?
    I personally would love to have the icons show up on the end of each spacer, it would really cut down on the amount of sub channels I have on my server.

would you mind explaining this? I can listen to music / games / video fine over my speakers while at the same time listening to TeamSpeak through my Headset.
    I know you can but I'm asking for an option to turn that off so all audio will pass through the headset only if you have one plugged into the audio jack, rather than have teamspeak on my headset while everything else is playing through my speakers.

Global Filebrowser was requested before and rejected. This won't happen, though a plugin might provide this feature if someone wanted to do it.
    well then a way to clean up the folders after a channel is deleted would be nice, and a way to re number the servers channels and ranks.

Avatars are already limited to 300 x 300 pixels. There won't be any option to increase or decrease this number. It's not really important.
    is there a setting I have to turn on to limit them because all the users on my teamspeak have Wallpaper sized avatars, at least 1280x720 in size.

Just going to ignore this, has been discussed to death by now. There are various licenses available if you want to increase the amount of slots you can use.
    I figured as much but it was worth a shot to try I guess...
    since our group accepts donations to keep our costs low we can't exactly purchase a license or qualify for an NPL license either, so I guess we'll just have to find other ways to increase user limits...

but wouldn't the option to allow users to decide if they want to break that icon tree or not be up to them?
    I personally would love to have the icons show up on the end of each spacer, it would really cut down on the amount of sub channels I have on my server.
    Don't really see how that would cut down anything... if you use spacers as main channel, you would be better off using regular channels probably.

I know you can but I'm asking for an option to turn that off so all audio will pass through the headset only if you have one plugged into the audio jack, rather than have teamspeak on my headset while everything else is playing through my speakers.
    There is an option for that... it's called Windows sound settings (or operating system sound settings in general). This is not related to TeamSpeak at all.

well then a way to clean up the folders after a channel is deleted would be nice, and a way to re number the servers channels and ranks.
    If a channel get's deleted it's associated files should be deleted from the server and this already done.

is there a setting I have to turn on to limit them because all the users on my teamspeak have Wallpaper sized avatars, at least 1280x720 in size.
    I would love to see that... Avatars are limited to 300x300 pixel, the server simply won't accept anything larger than that and the client doesn't even attempt to send them in the first place, but scales them down to that size (for supported formats that is).

since our group accepts donations to keep our costs low we can't exactly purchase a license or qualify for an NPL license either, so I guess we'll just have to find other ways to increase user limits...
    not really expensive if you ask me.. and you can accept more donations or force your members to pay if you wanted to.

Originally Posted by Fates
    not really expensive if you ask me.. and you can accept more donations or force your members to pay if you wanted to.
    Or he can on the same site look for an ATHP from which he can rent a server, shouldnt be expensive either.

Don't really see how that would cut down anything... if you use spacers as main channel, you would be better off using regular channels probably.
    well in my case we use spacers to seperate interests, or games and since spacers can't have icons we have to create a main sub channel with the icon to house the sub channels, really though I think it should be up to the user to decide if their spacers should have icons, don't you think?

There is an option for that... it's called Windows sound settings (or operating system sound settings in general). This is not related to TeamSpeak at all.
    so windows has an option for that, but why should I mess with windows settings when only teamspeak monopolizes a playback source?

point of donations is not to force users to pay... and since we don't get donations often enough to self sustain our many expenses even something like a $55 annual fee is still $4.50~ we don't have each month.

Thread Information