Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Query: use servernotifyregister to listen to everything?

Hello,

is there a possibility to use the servernotifyregister command to listen to everything?
    I want to get notified whenever a user switches a channel.
    It seems that you cannot register more than one channel in servernotifyregister. Is this a bug?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rossmann View Post
    Hello,

is there a possibility to use the servernotifyregister command to listen to everything?
    I want to get notified whenever a user switches a channel.
    It seems that you cannot register more than one channel in servernotifyregister. Is this a bug?

Thanks!
    'servernotifyregister event=textchannel' Unfortunately means the query will only listen to the channel it resides in. (usually the default server channel, unless told otherwise)

To achieve client tracking through different channels, you would need to write a little script that could match cid != old_cid, via the 'clientinfo' query, or possibly 'clientlist'. It wouldn't take much really - But if programming isn't your forte, then you might need someone with a little experience under their belt to build you a working model..

Last edited by Scor9ioN; February 12th, 2013 at 01:03 AM.

That's not a bug.
    textchannel registers for channelchat events, and as any client you only receive the (chat)events for the channel you are currently in.

So I cannot get notified when a client switches into a channel? Isn't this a pointless limit, especially thinking of the position that you are the server?

No, you cannot register to be informed when somebody switches a channel. You are informed if people leave or join the server but that's it. You also get informed about chat messages and when the server gets edited.

And no, you are not the server, you are just a script connection connected to the server, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    No, you cannot register to be informed when somebody switches a channel. You are informed if people leave or join the server but that's it. You also get informed about chat messages and when the server gets edited.

And no, you are not the server, you are just a script connection connected to the server, nothing more.
    Wrong. When you register for the channel event type with ID 0, you'll get informed of any channel related event (including clientmove) for every channel you're allowed to subscribe to.

Thanks ScP!

@ScP: Is it possible to achieve the same with event=textchannel? I can only get it work when the serverquery client is in the same channel I want to listen to. Are there any specific rights needed?

Quote Originally Posted by rossmann View Post
    @ScP: Is it possible to achieve the same with event=textchannel? I can only get it work when the serverquery client is in the same channel I want to listen to. Are there any specific rights needed?
    Well... like a regular client, a ServerQuery client an only receive text messages sent to the channel its currently residing in. So no, it's not possible.

Thread Information