Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Setup an additional virtual Server

Hi. First of all: Excuse my bad English.
    Id tried to setup an Virtual Server. The Answer of the System is error id=2568 msg=insufficient\sclient\spermissions failed_permid=4616. This is what i did:
    First of all i startet my Teamspeakserver with the NP license, I selected serverquery to obtain Serverquery name and password. I left ts3 client, opened an connection with serverquery using zoc6 terminal editor. logged in with my name and password. The answer is: error id=0 msg=ok
    then i wrote servercreate ts3scd
    So whats wrong?
    Thx for your assistance!

You need to use the right syntax which can be checked with "help servercreate".
    To create a new virtual server with 32 slots the comand syntax would be:
    servercreate virtualserver_name=<your servers name> virtualserver_port=<your servers port> virtualserver_maxclients=32

Perm_ID 4616 is "b_virtualserver_create".
    Did you login with the ServerQuery Account created during the first start of the instance (usually "serveradmin") or using your own login?
    Normally only Admin Server Query Accounts can manage servers.

Ok i try The right Syntax, Wehen i' m back at home @alcazar i loggend in with my generated Pass. This Token, i still have it, but when i try to use it in ts3client, The answer is that i still used this Token.

OK Now I know the Problem is: When i first installed the teamspeak server i got a Serveradmin token. This one i used. Then i got a new Mac and i installed teamspeak on this machine. I logged in with a new User. With the adminaccount from the old machine, i gave adminrights to the user on the new mac. I deleted the old machine and sold it. Now my Superuserrights are lost? can i get them back? Or do i have to install the Server again?

The old machine id had no more powers than the one on the new one. If you just want another privilege key you can do that from within the client permissions -> privilege keys.

The Query Admin is just a name and password, which you should have memorized. If you didn't see this thread.

Thread Information