Forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    No, as I wrote in the previous post to this topic, permissions from channel groups only take effect in the channel the user has that channel group.
    So you need just ONE channel group (e.g. clan member) for an infinite number of clans.
    All Clan channels get the same needed join power, the channel group gets the required join power.
    Now all you need to do is assign members of clan A the member group (channel group) in channel A. Since they only have this group in channel A, they will fail to join channel B, even though it has the same needed join power as channel A. Because they don't have the member group in channel B they also do not have the permission that originates from the member group in channel B (since it only works in channel A where they do have that group).
    The same goes for members of Clan B who only get the group in channel B, it's the same group but assigned in a different channel to different people. They will only be able to join channel B because they don't have the permissions in another channel.
    So with a sample server structure like...
    Server
    • Lobby (0)
    • Starcraft (10)
      • Clan A Channel 1 (20)
      • Clan A Channel 2 (20)
      • Clan A Channel 3 (20)
      • Clan B Channel 1 (20)
      • Clan B Channel 2 (20)
      • Clan B Channel 3 (20)
      • Channel 1 (10)
      • Channel 2 (10)
      • Channel 3 (10)
    • League of Legends (10)
      • Friends Channel 1 (20)
      • Friends Channel 2 (20)
      • Friends Channel 3 (20)
      • Channel 1 (10)
      • Channel 2 (10)
      • Channel 3 (10)
    • World of Warcraft (10)
      • Guild A (20)
        • Officers (30)
        • Raid (20)
        • Group 1 (20)
        • Group 2 (20)
        • Group 3 (20)
      • Guild B (20)
        • Officers (30)
        • Raid (20)
        • Group 1 (20)
        • Group 2 (20)
        • Group 3 (20)
      • Raid 1 (10)
      • Raid 2 (10)
      • Raid 3 (10)
      • Group 1 (10)
      • Group 2 (10)
      • Group 3 (10)
    • Moderators (30)
    • AFK (0)

and Channel Groups like...
    Game (10)
    GameGroup (20)
    GameOfficer (30)

If I had to add a channel I'd just set it's join power. Easy. Then I'd have to set up each client to access the channel. If I had 100 people that needed access to the channel I'd be making 100 changes, while sifting through 500 accounts correct? Additionally, if I want identifier icons for each user for the games they play I still need to separately manage Server Groups since a user can only belong to one Channel Group at a time. Also, is there a way to audit existing Channel Group permissions? If I want to check Server Group permissions there is an easy to see list of who is in the group, to the best of my knowledge nothing similar exists for Channel Groups?

Perhaps the most boggling thing for me is that if all these groups needed a single ranked structure then power level would work like a charm. In fact, if I had some kind of toggle on power level like =20 (or a checkbox) that made power level function as = instead of >= it would work as well.

Working power levels now...
    Server
    • Lobby (0)
    • Game (10)
      • Officers (30)
      • Guild (20)
      • Channel (10)

with Server Group power levels...
    Game (10)
    Guild (20)
    Officers (30)
    but obviously this breaks down when you need more than one set of linear rankings

Imagine if the server was set up like this (small sample from above)...
    Server
    • Lobby (0)
    • World of Warcraft (=60)
      • Guild A (=61)
        • Officers (=62)
        • Raid (=61)
        • Group (=61)
      • Guild B (=63)
        • Officers (=64)
        • Raid (=63)
        • Group (=63)
      • Raid (=60)
      • Group (=60)

then I could simply set each Server Group join power...
    WoW (=60)
    Guild A (=61)
    Guild A Officers (=62)
    etc

So if someone was in WoW and Guild A they could access all channels with =60 and =61.
    Similarly if you needed a mixture of = power levels and >= power levels you could put all your = power levels at values above 50 and lower numbers for >= control.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyriin View Post
    If I had to add a channel I'd just set it's join power. Easy. Then I'd have to set up each client to access the channel. If I had 100 people that needed access to the channel I'd be making 100 changes, while sifting through 500 accounts correct?
    Yes that is true, you will need to assign each client to the respective channel group in the root channel (e.g. Starcraft), they don't have to have that channel group in the sub channels since they will automatically inherit it from the parent channel.

Also, is there a way to audit existing Channel Group permissions? If I want to check Server Group permissions there is an easy to see list of who is in the group, to the best of my knowledge nothing similar exists for Channel Groups?
    There is. Click permissions -> channel groups -> select the channel group on the left and click the rightmost button below the list of groups. A new dialog will pop up where you select the channel and can see who is in the group in the selected channel.
    You can also see what channel groups a certain client has in every channel by using permissions -> channel groups of client, which also allows you to quickly change the channel groups of the client in any channel.

Perhaps the most boggling thing for me is that if all these groups needed a single ranked structure then power level would work like a charm. In fact, if I had some kind of toggle on power level like =20 (or a checkbox) that made power level function as = instead of >= it would work as well.

So if someone was in WoW and Guild A they could access all channels with =60 and =61.
    Similarly if you needed a mixture of = power levels and >= power levels you could put all your = power levels at values above 50 and lower numbers for >= control.
    Each permission is only present once for each client, so this doesn't work.

How to restrict several groups visiting channels?

Hello, forums
    I've created a TS3 server and I faced one problem. I have a few channels, 1 of them is public. I need to create groups that way that each group of users can join only it's channel and a public channel.

Channels:
    public
    users
    moderators
    gamers
    admins

users with group gamers must join only gamers and public channels
    users with group moderators must join only moderators and public channels

I guess you understand what I mean. So, what is the solution?

P.S. search didn't work for me

Dedicated channel for certain group.

Hi.

Last night I spend like 4 hours with the permission system and I think I created 5 solid server groups. I have a few questions now and I want to ask them here. I know I should post one problem per topic, but most of them are pretty straight forward and I don't think it needs whole new thread, but if its a problem I'll edit the question.

1. I have a server channel that I want to be entered only by members of specific group. Doesn't matter if one is an admin (not server admin, that's only me), if he is not in the group he cannot enter the channel.

2. How can I tie the server admin rights to me as a user, so that even if I get out of the Server Admin group I still can assign myself to the group back again.

3. Can I create dummy users and assign them different groups so I can test whether the permissions are set correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by ToDiR0S View Post
    Hi.

Last night I spend like 4 hours with the permission system and I think I created 5 solid server groups. I have a few questions now and I want to ask them here. I know I should post one problem per topic, but most of them are pretty straight forward and I don't think it needs whole new thread, but if its a problem I'll edit the question.

1. I have a server channel that I want to be entered only by members of specific group. Doesn't matter if one is an admin (not server admin, that's only me), if he is not in the group he cannot enter the channel.

2. How can I tie the server admin rights to me as a user, so that even if I get out of the Server Admin group I still can assign myself to the group back again.

3. Can I create dummy users and assign them different groups so I can test whether the permissions are set correctly?
    1. Post #4

2. Use client permissions

3. Yes you can, even though you really only need one since the channel group you're to use is the same for any channel, just applied to different channels / users.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Channels and Channel Groups

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    1. Post #4

2. Use client permissions

3. Yes you can, even though you really only need one since the channel group you're to use is the same for any channel, just applied to different channels / users.

I get Channel Groups (you can only have one).. I get Server Groups (you can have as many as you like)..

What I don't get is how you know which Channel Group any Specific Channel is assigned to.
    I've read that you 'have to put the user in there' and assign rights.. (Far too heady to do for anything more than 6 people).

I get all the Join and Subscribe powers.. but there does not seem to be a simple way to set up the security matrix for multiple channels/and server groups.

What I see in postings is that people have difficultly with this and want a simple solution.

It would be great to have something that says... 'If this user is given this Server Group, then they will be able to access all the channels marked in green' (for example).. I know that subscribe/modify/join etc can all be different levels.. but seriously this is a tough concept to understand.

I have a TS3 server and we have a number of permanent channels. Some of them have high join powers (which are granted to Officers via a Channel Group).. <tick> We also have a number of youth members who are assigned a lower Join power based on their Channel Group.. and the Channel join power for the 'Adult' areas is set higher.. Yet they still seem to be able to join these rooms at will..

Very frustrating to track down when the security is so complex..

Ideas about remaking the Permissions

Hello,
    I am administrating several TeamSpeak3 Servers. I have some questions.
    Are there currently plans about changing the permission-system?
    I often get the following problem:

Person A can join channel A
    Person B can join channel A and B
    BUT person B should join ONLY B and person A should join ONLY A.
    As far as I found out, it doesn't work with the current system (except
    with passwords of corse).
    So I want to ask if some system like "I give you a join power of min. 24
    and max 25."
    "And you I give a join power of min 0 and max 75."
    That is an example how it could work.
    So like Admins gain standart "0" to "75". They can set other groups to
    like "10" to "25".
    So they can join every channel that has a need join power between 10 and 25.
    That may work for channels too. You can set like "10" to "50" on a
    channel and everyone with a power that crosses
    "10" and "50" can join. Noone else.
    As I said, you are just "adding" not "changing".
    you still got the old system if you use as standart min. join value just 0.

This would be awesome and would make meny servers much better. It just
    includes two new values:
    minimum power and maximum power.
    I hope you know what I mean. If there are eny questions about how I mean
    it, just write back.

What says the community about it?
    What say the DEVs about it?
    For questions, just write.
    I think meny Admins would appreciate it.

Lukas "WhOoKie" Lichte

It's already possible, you're just using it wrong
    See http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/8...839#post341839
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Restrict clans or group per channel

hey ppl,

i got a little prob with my teamspeak:
    Its an Multi caln Teamspeak.

I just want to set up that users of clan a cant join channel of clan b
    and users in clan b should not be allowed to join channel of clan a...

Dont got a solution for that.
    Passwords are no optoin for me.

Anybody can help me?
    Last edited by dante696; November 2nd, 2015 at 10:44 AM. Reason: thread title renamed

There are 2 ways to do this.

Way 1 (and easiest one):
    Use channel passwords and do not allow server groups to ignore the channel password.
    *optional you can enable that channel groups ignore the channel password via b_channel_join_ignore_password. This allows all users with an assigned channel group in target channel to join without knowing the password.

Way 2:
    Set a needed join power with a value x on all target channels.
    Then set the i_channel_join_power with value x to channel groups (expect the Guest group)
    Now assign all users Of Clan A a channel group in Channel A and then repeat the same thing in Channel B for Clan A

btw
    We answered this several times on forum btw
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Server, Channel group add power mixed together

I use channle groups to restrict acces and other things on per Clan basis (every clan has section of channels). So I have Channel Admin, Moderator, Access channel groups, its quit obvious how it works.

So my problem is, I also have servergroups for each clan (officer and member) with respective distinguishing names and Icons (ie Planetside Member, Planetside Officer, Warthunder Officer, Warthunder member). I want to give Officers (server group) option to add people to respective member servergroups (I do not really mind if they can add to all these Member groups), I have channel group add permissions 20,15,5 and these member servergroups 30. So there is no way how to let these leaders assign servergroups only, because that will give them power to hand out channelgroups outside of their clan channels.

Is there any way to resolve this ? I really would like to just distinguish channelgroup add power and servergroup add power (and their respective remove powers) but I see that is not going to happen, so I would take any workaround. (btw adding these split powers would be really awesome and I am sure, many people will appreciate it)

Need a way to make a channel bound to a certain server group

Hi there,

I have a couple of friends that need to be able to join certain channels, so I had to give them server admin. Now the problem is... some of them are serious trolls. They don't respect it when I am playing a match competitive in private channel and they troll me when I'm in that channel.

So I need a way to make them able to join channles made for all my friends without having to put in a password and without them having server admin.

All options are welcome even a plugin on a server bot is an option as my server is a 24/7 server.

Managing Multigaming Server

Hello there

I'm currently trying to edit my Teamspeak Server to be able to handle multiple gaming clans.
    The plan is, that each clan gets its own Area on the server. My problem is now, that i'd like to restrict users from clan A to join channels of clan B, and vice versa.
    Doing this in one direction is easy, giving a channel a higher needed join power than the group has, or by modifying the join permissions.
    But how does it work both ways? Due to the relatively high number of people (and guests) a password wouldn't be suitable in my oppinion.

Is this possible to solve? Many thanks in advance!

kind regards
    Cyntho

permissions for 2 groups

Hello,
    i have 2 groups of users - "Team A" and "Team B" and i have 4 channels like "Channel 1/2/3/4".

How can i set permissions of sub&join power in groups/channels to get result like this:
    Team A , can join/subscribe Channel 1 & Channel 3, can't join/subscribe Channel 2 & Channel 4
    Team B , can join/subscribe Channel 2 & Channel 4, can't join/subscribe Channel 1 & Channel 3

if i set like Team A power 10, Team B power 20, and channel 1/3 power 10, channel 2/4 power 2, then Team B will be able to join channel 1/2/3/4 becouse 20 > 10 power granted ;/

Any idea?
    Last edited by Chris; February 11th, 2017 at 11:59 PM. Reason: merged. See above post.

Thread Information