Forum

Question b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions help

Hi I have a question, what is the purpose of the right b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions? I used it because when people had group called "SprŠvca serveru" and channel admin they had a problem because "SprŠvca server" has higher i_group_member_add_power than channel admin so they could add to people only groups which can add channel admin.
    But I found a little problem. Group "SprŠvca serveru" has zero join power but it could join rooms whit i_channel_needed_join_power 1000.After I have deleted this permissions it could't do that. So here is the question is it possible to keep b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions to that group and in the same time make that that group can't join rooms with i_channel_needed_join_power 1000?

b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions makes it so that all channel permissions and channel group permissions are ignored, it is a shortcut to checking the skip box for every single permission, which has the same effect (ignores channel and channel group permissions) but only for the specific permission where the skip box is checked.

So you can remove the skip_channelgroup permission and then enable the skip flag for i_group_member_add_power, then they will only ignore that permission, but i_channel_needed_join_power will still be checked (as will all other permissions).

Thread Information