Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Overlay issue since update March 2013

Not sure if anyone else has the same problem but since the new update my overlay (when placed on normal mode) stays on minimal mode.

I uninstalled/reinstalled and still stays the same, anyone know of any tricks on how to fix this?

Thanks Jen

There was a problem, which caused users to only show up in normal mode after they talked at least once.
    This bug was fixed with ovelay 3.7.17 [and newer] and you can download install it from http://ts3overlay.r-dev.de/download/
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

When I try to install the 3.7.18 overlay, it prompts me to try and install again with admin privileges. I click "yes" but it comes back to that same popup. I am the only admin on my computer. I can't seem to install the newer plugin version. Is this a common bug?

You have to shut down the client before you can install / update a plugin that you are already using. Alternatively you can disable the overlay in settings -> plugins and then try and install the new version.

I haven't verified it yet, but I think it's tied to providing an icon in a subfolder, or maybe other files too, outside of the plugin dll.
    The installer dialog doesn't indicate closing the client in this case unfortunately, only offers to rerun as admin in a loop or cancel.
    Last edited by Philosound; March 19th, 2013 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philosound View Post
    I haven't verified it yet, but I think it's tied to providing an icon in a subfolder, or maybe other files too, outside of the plugin dll.
    The installer dialog doesn't indicate closing the client in this case unfortunately, only offers to rerun as admin in a loop or cancel.
    Nope it's the ts3overlay_hook_win64.dll or ts3overlay_hook_win32.dll loaded and used in windows in background.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Hm, indeed it's not. It just started happening to my plugin around the time I included an icon, while before it went through if my mind ain't playing tricks on me, giving the please restart dialog. Hm, another point on my todo list finding the cause to that sigh. However, it would be nice if the installer would indicate closing teamspeak in that dialog route.
    I got "I cannot install it" user feedback with this "try as admin" dialog.

I too am having issues.

The only way for for me to resolve the installation issue was to reboot, then install.

The overlay comes up sporadically. Even thought the latest overlay is installed.

Philosound
    We are talking about the overlay and not any other plugin.
    The only reasons why you can not update the overlay are following.

1. You don't have permissions to write into the programs folder
    - installer needs to be started in admin mode)
    2. The ts3overlay_hook_win64.dll or ts3overlay_hook_win32.dll loaded and used in windows in background.
    - Log off from your Windows user and log in again to isntall the plugin without teamspeak running
    3. Your hard drive is full
    - Clean up?
    END

Harlech
    What game(s) are you talking about? We need more details as does not work.

Cannot install ts3 overlay plugin due to lacking admin privileges in win8

Hi guys!

Since I use ts3 on Win8 my overlay plugin doesn't work anymore, especially not in BF3, it simply isn't there.
    First i tried setting keys to switch the plugin on and off, but to no avail.
    I use ts3 3.0.10 from 27.2.2013 16:08:47 and overlay plugin 3.7.16, so i tried to install 3.7.18 to see, whether that changes anything, some forum thread recommended that.
    but to my surprise windows 8 asks me for admin privileges, and when i click "yes", it simply keeps asking me the same question over and over again.
    I cannot set any directions to execute the installable as administrator by right-clicking it, 'cos there is no such option in my windows8, and looking at the permissions, I can see that SYSTEM, my user and Administrator are allowed to execute the ts3_overlay_v3.7.18.ts3_plugin.
    Any clues please?

Thanks in advance, azteca.

Philosound, it's World of Tanks, primarily, but it's really any game. If I was still in TS3, and launched Skyrim, the overlay would still come up.... it doesn't now. It's as if the Overlay isn't 'firing off' when TS launches. I can't remember, but was there a TS Overlay process in Task Manager previously? If so, it isn't there now.

Thanks

I just discovered something interesting. If I tab out, go into the plug-ins, right click and select reload, it fired off after I tabbed back into WoT.
    Last edited by Harlech; March 20th, 2013 at 07:28 PM.

Thread Information