Forum

3.0.7 and 3.0.7.1 version of server !!!Can't edit the description

Edit by dante
    Thread title totally nonsense for the content!

Hello Dear Developers !

That bug was found by me when i try edited the description of the channel, that bug is critical because after apply the description code, it make dropped the client from the server only that person who edited the channel, was tried again on few servers and i can reproduced that bug with version 3.0.7 and 3.0.7.1 check out:

Bug Description ( dropped client )
    please make sure you create channel permanent with description which i will give you the code:

Code:
    http://wklej.org/hash/8e564ee1a22/ - there is description of the channel please copy and paste !!!
    Update the issue:
    only appear when i create the new channel with that description and when i try edited on the permanent channel

then wait 5 second and your client will be dropped because you didn't hear the sound of edited channel and your database will be no acceptable the code description but the server will be online !

Please reproduce it and fix it immediately !
    Last edited by dante696; March 11th, 2013 at 08:15 AM. Reason: probably bug appear only with Polish Windows 7 64 bits.

I could not reproduce this issue with the latest client and server releases.

on the fallowed link http://wklej.org/hash/8e564ee1a22/ is the description which you should copy and paste on your channel not that link into channel description but this content which i gave you on the http wklej.org...

same critcal bug worked.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterpl View Post
    on the fallowed link http://wklej.org/hash/8e564ee1a22/ is the description which you should copy and paste on your channel not that link into channel description but this content which i gave you on the http wklej.org...
    That's what I did, but everything works like it should imo. I'm using client version 3.0.10 (english language; custom sound pack; custom theme; no active plugins).

Can you join to my server ? IP: ts3bahu.com that bug worked on my server but i need give you the permissions, please join on the same nick which you use on the forum.

Can you join to my server ? IP: ts3bahu.com that bug worked on my server but i need give you the permissions, please join on the same nick which you use on the forum.
    Joined the server and we were able to identify the issue... but it's just happening for hunterpl.

This bug is on Client version, not a server version i guess.
    That bug was found by me
    Rly? i found it before you a few days ago and some other polish servers too.

Hello ScP !

that Bug appear for my server administrators few of them, what now to do ? only 2 guys of the staff have ok with client edited the description help me, that bug also appear on the other servers and also for other server administrators...

Edited update:
    The bug worked for everyone i'm know how to reproduce !

The bug only work when you wanna coppied the description from the another channel to different channel ! and then you wanna try editied ! but you get connection lost ! so if i copied only that description from the website and paste to the channel it work well it didin't make me connection lost it editied successful.
    Last edited by hunterpl; March 11th, 2013 at 01:27 PM. Reason: BUG REPRODUCED PLEASE CHECK IT OUT !!!!

This is no Bug in our software, we could not reproduce it on any server that is not hosted by your hosting provider and we have not heard from any similar problem from any other hoster.

This is a problem with your hosting provider, please contact your hosting provider to fix the issue, which seems to be network based e.g. some protection dropping packets under certain conditions.

thank you Chris for replay on this thread, i will do that ASAP.

Update :

All servers from hosteam.pl are filtered successfully it work well at this moment, thank you for your time Dear Developers !

Best Regards
    Mateusz Gladosz
    Last edited by hunterpl; March 12th, 2013 at 04:12 PM.

Thread Information