Forum

Cannot connect to my server

Hello. I am trying to set up a ts3 server and have it installed. It works when I connect with my localhost IP address (127.0.0.1) but when I try to connect to my external IP address it does not work for me or other users.
    I am using a macbook pro and set up an account with no-ip. I have tried using this as well as my external IP.
    I have made sure my firewall is off, although since right now I am on a college wifi, I cannot see if the ports are opened up.
    I did try to set it up remotely on a friends computer using the same steps and opening the ports and it still will not connect.

****EDIT****
    So I made some progress. I can now connect to the teamspeak server using the host i got from no-ip. I had my friend try and he cannot connect or ping the address. So other people cant connect. Which is still an issue

Thanks
    Last edited by Serenity; March 10th, 2013 at 09:38 PM.

You will have to contact your network administrator to forward the ports for you, which he might not be willing to do, in which case you are out of luck and will have to run the server elsewhere or just rent a server from one of the authorized hosters.

Thread Information