Forum

Solved Suggestion: Show detailed info on complaint list, it currently is ambiguous.

Currently the only thing listed on a complaint entry is the last name used. I maintain a log for my admins on an admin info channel where I detail the users name, UID, IP address and notes. The problem is there is no way of seeing this information about someone with a complaint attached. Someone can change their name from one moment to another and admins have no idea if this complaint is the same guy they saw before or if its a new complaint recipient.

Can you at least have a context menu for copy UID, copy IP etc like in the clients list? Either that or have the extra details listed as part of the entry some how with the easy ability to be copied to clipboard? Also it would be helpful to see their name at the time of each complaint and for the main record its self what the current name is.

Complain list is based on UID, regardless of the name and the list will show them both for the same client, regardless whether they changed their name in between.
    This won't be included in the foreseeable future.

All I see is the nickname. I don't see any mention of a UID that I can compare against. What am I missing?

UID is not displayed, but that doesn't mean it's not based on that. We don't see any reason to display it there.

The problem is people can change their name all the time. If I tell my admins "Joe" is causing problems and there is a complaint entry on him, then two days later hes changed his name to "LeetKiller" my admins will think this is a different person and that the old entry must have been deleted. There is no way to link the name on the complaint with the actual "identity" of a person. That is why if there was even a simple right-click ability to copy the UID then this could be used for identification no matter how many times a troll changes their name.

edit:

Here is an example of one of my logs in my channel for admins to read what is going on:
    Name:  my-log.png
Views: 966
Size:  15.5 KB

If the name changes there is nothing else to base any admin action on.
    Last edited by Morthawt; March 11th, 2013 at 02:15 PM.

Chris, I think the point that he's trying to make, is that instead of displaying the "nickname" of the person being complained on, display its UID instead.

As you said, the complain system tracks based on UID, instead of Nick, so why display the "last known nick" instead of "UID"?

Not only this is not intuitive, but also would cause problems.

For example, there are two "Chris" on the server, one of it is a good kid, and the other one is the trouble maker.

As they both have the Nickname "Chris" saved on their bookmark, at times, the good Chris would be Chris1 (due to conflicting nicks), and sometimes the bad Chris would be "Chris1", depends on who logs in first.

How are you going to distinguish Chris is it referring to if one day you saw a complaint about "Chris" shows in the complain list? It is impossible unless you have the UID of the accused.

To better demonstrate

Good Chris UID: IamSuperGoodKid, Display Nick: Chris
    Bad Chris UID: IamAtrollingKid, Display Nick: Chris

Bad Chris Logs in, using nick Chris
    Bad Chris causes trouble, gets complained (Complain List recorded nick: Chris, UID: IamAtrollingKid)
    Bad Chris Logs out
    Good Chris Logs in, using nick Chris
    You, the admin, logs in, looks in the complain list, found a complain about Chris
    You banned the Good Chris, because you believe that the Chris in the complain list is referring to this same Chris you saw
    I think that's the whole point of this post and I agree to his suggestion to show the UID.

Thread Information