Forum

Server wont work. Please help!

I have been using teamspeak for sometime now through Hamachi and it has been working. (Keep in mind that my teamspeak server is being ran on a separate computer, where it is dedicated for the server) Since more people have been join my server I decided to port forward and have it set up with no more hamachi.

I port forwarded the server and everything. But as it seems when I try to join the server I cant even join and no one else can. I did use my external ip to join.

I tried different methods for it to work. I have a dynamic ip and am using the software http://no-ip.com

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by taconinja45; March 11th, 2013 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by taconinja45 View Post
    I port forwarded the server and everything. But as it seems when I try to join the server I can even join and no one else can. I did use my external ip to join.

I tried different methods for it to work. I have a dynamic ip and am using the software http://no-ip.com
    If you use the public IP from inside your LAN and can connect but external users didn't --> verify the portforwarding of the voice port, by default 9987 --> It must be UDP only.

File transfer port has nothing to do with join the server, it "will be used" once the client has connected to.

Ok, thank you.

Ill give it a shot. and let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by PotaBlava View Post
    If you use the public IP from inside your LAN and can connect but external users didn't --> verify the portforwarding of the voice port, by default 9987 --> It must be UDP only.

File transfer port has nothing to do with join the server, it "will be used" once the client has connected to.

Ok, well I checked my ports and the 9987 port is UDP. I have 3 Ports forwarded currently, the other two ports are TCP. What could be the problem?

I can join the internal IP but not the external ip. (The server is ran on a separate computer btw, so the server is not on the computer that is trying to join the server if that helps)

Quote Originally Posted by taconinja45 View Post
    Ok, well I checked my ports and the 9987 port is UDP. I have 3 Ports forwarded currently, the other two ports are TCP. What could be the problem?

I can join the internal IP but not the external ip
    Ok, some routers don't allow to connect using the public IP (WAN) from the Lan.

There's a thread about portforwarding issues:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...annot-connect)

but basically:
    a) be sure the local IP indicated in portforwarding corresponds to the local IP of the PC that host the server
    b) be sure the ports are well indicated
    c) be sure the Public IP es correct --> usually the server_log_0 in the server indicates the public IP
    d) be sure there's no firewall in the router that blocks the access

Quote Originally Posted by PotaBlava View Post
    Ok, some routers don't allow to connect using the public IP (WAN) from the Lan.

There's a thread about portforwarding issues:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...annot-connect)

but basically:
    a) be sure the local IP indicated in portforwarding corresponds to the local IP of the PC that host the server
    b) be sure the ports are well indicated
    c) be sure the Public IP es correct --> usually the server_log_0 in the server indicates the public IP
    d) be sure there's no firewall in the router that blocks the access

Thanks, it works now. Figured it out. Also found out I cant use the external IP for me, my self to connect to the server. I have to use the internal IP.

Thanks again!

Thread Information