Forum

Keybinding overlap

Unsure why you cannot use a key modifier to make use of whisper lists and PTT buttons.

Currently have a key mapped to a button to PTT to primary channel (Group level). Need to have a PTT for interflight comm, and for squadron level comm. Sounds great, program supports whisperlists...so whats the problem? Well I would like to utilize a key modifier, in this case shift, to be able to whisper. I don't currently have more free buttons to use for 3 channel coms, and previous voice programs I've used allowed the use of a key modifier. In TS3, if I attempt this, it warns of an overlap and will transmit on both channels...not desired.

So if SHIFT+ <keystroke> is different then <keystroke>, as evident when doing this in windows...why can't this be allowed to be mapped?

Coding issue? Input issue? or just not been asked before?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Any TS people look at this yet?

Way back when it was decided that it should be this way. Whether or not this can or will be changed needs to be discussed first.

Thanks for the reply Chris.

As part of a virtual squadron, we are exploring options to be able to transmit on different channels to minimize the amount of chatter when the fights start.

We currently use TS3, and as a long time Ventrillo user I know that Vent supports this. Seems like an easy fix, but then again I'm not a programmer

Id just like to +1 this request, as another person who plays various games were i am apart of a virtual battle group this definatly would come in handy!

Thread Information