Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Does a Hotkey for "Channel Group" toggling exist?

Hello there!

My community is running a game server where you have two teams like in most of the other games.
    To make the communication among the teams easier, I tried to come up with a way which doesn't require to return to desktop and switch to a channel.

Here is what I came up with:

- All players will stay in one channel
    - Two Channel Groups ("Red Team" and "Blue Team") exist.
    - You select your team (even guests have the right to do so)
    - Via a hotkey, you talk to your team

There are two problems:
    1. Is there a way to whisper to the Channel-group you are in? (Otherwise, one will need to set up two hotkeys; one for each)
    2. Is there a way to toggle between the channel-groups (to which you have the rights) with a hotkey?
    ---

PS: If there is already a great solution to allow team-voice-chats, let me know.

Thanks in advance,
    Takeo

Quote Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
    1. Is there a way to whisper to the Channel-group you are in? (Otherwise, one will need to set up two hotkeys; one for each)
    2. Is there a way to toggle between the channel-groups (to which you have the rights) with a hotkey?
    Neither is possible. Toggling a channel group isn't possible because it is unknown which clients channel group you want to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
    PS: If there is already a great solution to allow team-voice-chats, let me know.
    How about just having two channels to which people switch (possible by hotkey) according to which team they are ingame. This would also eliminate the need for people to set up whisper lists and press a hotkey everytime they want to talk since they can just use VAC.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    How about just having two channels to which people switch (possible by hotkey) according to which team they are ingame.
    The reason we want to be in one channel is that we tend to talk about everyday life while playing. Thus, we'd like to be able to hear the "public voice chat" as well as being able to reply to them.

The best solution would be to have a normal conversation with everybody and having a hotkey for team-talk

Thread Information