Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Banning must give a reason

Hi Guys, I have a Teamspeak 3 server which I am admin of. We have a group of players who would like ban rights (a moderator group) however I am reluctant to give it to them unless they have to submit a reason for the ban, is this possible and if so how?

No, there is nothing that would force someone to enter a ban reason, it is entirely optional, though recommended and common sense to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    No, there is nothing that would force someone to enter a ban reason, it is entirely optional, though recommended and common sense to do so.
    What about a reminder in the case it's left in blank? Sometimes it's not filled simply due you forget to fill it --> the apply button is just below the duration, then you adjust the time --> Apply --> and you have banned in blank, without explanation.

If you go through the ban list, you will see who created the ban and what the reason was if any. If you see a blank one you can ask the person who made the ban entry what happened. If they cannot tell you then give them a warning that they are required to supply a reason for the ban. If the person does tell you why they banned the person then just paste the reason in yourself this time.

Or short... If a moderator isn't able to enter a reason in the right field ban him.

Thread Information