Forum

Allow users to set own server groups, yet not able to change others

I would like to allow users of the server to set their own server group but not to have permissions to do so for others. My default server group allows for people to change their own server group. The issue is that they can too change others.

Is there a permission that denies the ability to change the server group of others?

This is currently not possible. If you can assign a server group you can assign it to everyone.
    While you can prevent users from getting a server group assigned by those in lower groups (e.g. normal users cannot assign or revoke groups from server admins), there is no way to make it work the way you want it to.

I already requested a new permission "Apply to self only" that would let people assign a server group only to themself and not others. It would have solved all my problems but the development team are not interested in the least bit so it seems.

Its Devs decision if they make it or not.
    Btw, me doesnt know any security system which has a feature you want. If me can grant groups/roles/permissions me can do this
    with any user, not only selected.

Thats the way it works now. I am proposing a change. Many features end up changing. This change would resolve abuse from average members being able to troll other people with gaming icon additions and removals.

Hi, im reviving this old post because im looking for the exact same feature for the exact same use but i can't find it. The use of groups to assign games is VERY common. Since I can't find this feature i supose that does not exist despite this is an old request! I can't believe that this feature hasn't been added yet!

You're right, this feature doesn't exist because the discussion over here failed to provide a good reason for it.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    You're right, this feature doesn't exist because the discussion over here failed to provide a good reason for it.
    Thanks, i posted there.

Permission to add groups to self.

Hello,

I manage a rather large/active teamspeak and want to have users be able to assign specific channel groups to themselves only in certain channels. But only assign them to themselves. They should not be able to add or remove channel groups to other clients in the same SERVER group.

Would i be able to do this with a needed add/remove power or a client power or grant?

DJNeubs
    Last edited by dante696; November 16th, 2014 at 02:42 AM. Reason: merged

Thread Information