Forum

Do LAN connections disable ports for non-LAN users?

This is the set up I have:

Inside LAN-
    Desktop Computer running windows 7
    Android phone using open beta (downloaded through QR code on teamspeak)
    another Android phone using the same open beta

Then two or three people Outside my LAN that i'd like to connect-
    non local PC
    non local PC
    non local Android user (with beta)

The ports are forwarded correctly and people outside my LAN can join the server. The server is set up properly so that my mobile users can connect as well.

The problem that I am having is that when one of the android users from inside my LAN connects to the server, it seems to lock out anyone from outside my LAN from connecting (users outside the LAN are kicked and unable to rejoin until the Local users have disconnected for a period of time), after the local traffic has disconnected for a period of time, non local users will be able to join again. It seems as though, I can't have local clients connected at the same time as non local clients

I would like for the local android users to be connected to my server along side the non local users, so that we can all speak to one another without my wife and I having to be in the server room. How could I solve this?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cage 88 View Post
    I would like for the local android users to be connected to my server along side the non local users, so that we can all speak to one another without my wife and I having to be in the server room. How could I solve this?
    It happens that some routers not allow using the public addressname to access to a local IP --> then users inside your LAN have to use the LOCAL IP of the server, usually 192.168.xx.yy, instead of the public one that use the users from outside.

I just tried to connect to my server via the local IP and the local Android devices were unable to connect using the local IP. They will only connect under the public IP address.

I just tried to connect to my server via the local IP and the local Android devices were unable to connect using the local IP. They will only connect under the public IP address.
    Ok. Sorry, i was misunderstood your problem but you had explained it correctly; i've read it too fast.

Anyway, to connect the local Android devices using the server local ip it should work. In fact, LAN devices could use to connect to the server the same IP that you have defined in the router for the portforwarding.

The issue you have when local devices connect using the public IP could be due to some rule or parameter in the router firewall section. It uses to be something as: DoS protection, antiflood, SPI firewall... that by default is activated and affects to the UDP traffic that the client uses to connect and to communicate.

For some reason my local devices will only connect to my server while using the global IP. When trying to use my local IP (192.168.0.50) to connect, I receive: ErrorERROR_failed_connection_tinitialisation

On the other side of my issue, is there a way to deactivate some of these protocols and allow these devices to all be connected at the same time with non local users?

For some reason my local devices will only connect to my server while using the global IP. When trying to use my local IP (192.168.0.50) to connect, I receive: ErrorERROR_failed_connection_tinitialisation

On the other side of my issue, is there a way to deactivate some of these protocols and allow these devices to all be connected at the same time with non local users?
    Two issues, then. Let's try to resolve both.

1) ERROR_failed_connection_initialisation. I get this error when I try to connect to a "bad" port. For exemple, the server is in por 9988 and I indicate 9989. But I've checked this connecting to an external server. I will try with a local server.
    Note: this error also appears when the local ip indicated does not match the server one. Are you sure that your server is having the ip 192.168.0.50 ?

2) If you don't mind, you can say the model of your router and I will try to get the manual to see how to deactivate the firewall.
    Last edited by PotaBlava; March 23rd, 2013 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Note added in point 1)

The first issue has been resolve. I rebooted my router and now am able to connect local devices to the local IP. This seems to have solved the issues that I was having earlier with non-local people being disconnected, but I'll put it to the real test tonight when I have the channel full.

The first issue has been resolve. I rebooted my router and now am able to connect local devices to the local IP. This seems to have solved the issues that I was having earlier with non-local people being disconnected, but I'll put it to the real test tonight when I have the channel full.
    Perfect. Good luck.

Thread Information