Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Hybrid View

Windows 7 Sound issue

This is a slightly complicated issue, so I'll do my best to be clear.

Whenever i load up TS, all of my other sound is 'muted'. However, in my computer's sound playback menu, i can still see it being sent to my 'speakers/headphones' through the green indicator. The TS sound, however, is being sent through the 'communications headphones', and i can hear that fine. If i unplug and replug my headphone jack, TS becomes 'muted' (but still sent through communications headphones, i just cant hear it), but all my other sounds resume.

I run Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. All my drivers are up to date. Under communications, i have 'do nothing' enabled so it isnt TS taking over my sound. I have tried, in the TS options, to have the TS audio sent through my 'speakers/headphones', but that does not work. If i disable 'communications headphones', the TS audio still does not work. both 'speakers/headphones' and 'communications headphones' are IDT High Definition Audio Codec. I have disabled exclusive control for both devices. This occurs even if i select the specific device in TS options, as opposed to default.

I am running TS 3.0.10

I also use Skype, and this issue does not occur there.

Please, i would like to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Make sure the volume is not turned all the way down in the windows sound mixer or that certain applications are turned all the way down / muted.
    In TeamSpeak make sure to disable all plugins in settings > plugins.

I am having this same issue, and double checked all sliders and plugins and they are all 100% or disabled.

I dont know why but when i run TS3 windows is trying to pump everything besides TS3 through the speakers(which i dont have connected to my pc). But as soon as i shut down ts3 this problem stops and everything comes through the headphones as normal.

Thread Information