Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Thread: Teamspeak DNS?

Teamspeak DNS?

Someone told me it has to do with this but I'm not fully sure.

Our TS3 address is ts.sasklan.com:10007

We also want to use ts.sasklan.com

Is there a walkthough or something that can tell us how to use both to connect to our TS3 server?

Look inside the folder "TSDNS" in the server installation directory.

Also, you can use SRV DNS (A-record).
    Just type in the SRV: ts.sasklan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
    Also, you can use SRV DNS (A-record).
    Just type in the SRV: ts.sasklan.com
    A record won't work, they still need to specify the port.
    What would work is either SRV record or the TSDNS.

No idea what our Leader is talking about so I'll Copy and Paste what he wrote to ask here:

We want to redirect from one server to another i.e We created our own DNS to our Teamspeak server ip right now we go to ts.sasklan.com:10007 We want to move to another server but use just standard port ts.sasklan.com for people to connect How can we edit the TSDNS to redirect people connecting either on IP:10007 and DNS name to another server without iimpacting other virtual ts servers

Bottom line we want to do this
    People connecting via dns on port ts.sasklan.com:10007 Redirect to new server ts.sasklan.com standard port and someone connecting by/port IP 127.0.0.1:10007 to new ip 10.17.10.256
    We have control over DNS, when we update DNS is it possible to have 1 TS virtual server using 2 ports i.e 10007 and 9987

(it sounds like he doesn't know how to edit this TSDNS or something, maybe you can explain or there's a walkthrough)

Since you haven't been using TSDNS / SRV Records until now, you cannot redirect the users. Those who connect using the port will either land on the old server (if it is still running) or receive an error (if the server is offline).

Thread Information