Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Clients disconecting from my server

I have a server set up in my house on a old computer, but since the last patch every now and then all the clients get disconected from the server and need to restart the ts client to be able to enter the server again, i dont know what the cause is, the router isnt denying the connection and the server doesnt go down the clients simply disconect saying that they closed their teamspeak (client).

Does it always happen to the same clients?
    Does it always happen after a specific time frame?

Please post a full server log (_0.log as well as the one from the virtual server this is happening on) and a full client log of a client that has this issue.

It happens to everybody but not always at the same time, some times 5 clients just disconect, it doesnt hapend in a specific time frame it might be working for 2 hours or just 10 min, ill upload the log tomorow, but it doesnt show mutch just that the clients are disconnecting from the server.

Thank you Paulvan and welcome to my world with exact the same problem, over the past 16 months now! We have investigated and investigated (many times over) our server configuration, firewall, etc, etc … we can’t find any clue where this problem is coming from. Behavior exactly as you describe.

Every time when I see people on the server with names like Tom1, Luke1, … I know the problem was there. Last weekend we had Tom4 and Luke4 …

But maybe I have seen some light this weekend. I noticed that the server (in our datacenter) was having problems with internet time synchronizing. Since the TS app is writing much info the log files, I wonder if some process in the TS app is restarting itself due to big time holes?

A jumpy server time can cause clients to drop yes.

Chris, i thank you for this fast answer!

We now will focus on fixing this time sync problem.
    I'll keep you guys posted...

Thread Information