Forum

Solved Teamspeak shuts down programs/ doesn't let them start up

Since the last Teamspeak update, I've problems with multiple programs on my pc.
    When I start Teamspeak, immediately Keepass shuts down and doesn't want to start up again or gives an error.
    Same goes for windows task management. If it's on it will shut down, if I want to open it with teamspeak already on then nothing happens at all. After shutting down Teamspeak itself, those programs will work again. Maybe other programs also cannot work together with Teamspeak for me, but I haven't tried that many out just yet.

For me at the moment it's a bit annoying. I'm using Keepass for my password for SWTOR and for being able to use the Teamspeak overlay it is most of the time necessary to have Teamspeak running before starting the game. However I cannot run it before logging in, otherwise Keepass will shut down

So how I'm doing this now at the moment is: Start swtor launcher -> get password through Keepass and put it in -> open Teamspeak (bye bye Keepass), press login and startup swtor

I'm using Windows 8, 64 bit and running Teamspeak as admin and so is Keepass/swtor.
    Plugins running: Overlay, Volume control
    Reinstalling Teamspeak doesn't work, but I might try to go back to the older version of Teamspeak, since that didn't cause this problem on the exact same setup.

Fix: Disable the 'enable 64-bit mode' option within the plugin Overlay.
    Last edited by flippiej; May 28th, 2013 at 02:04 PM.

TS3 3.0.10.1 crashes other programs when opened

TS3 3.0.10.1

I have win 7 X64
    When i open TS3 it immediately crashes other programs which are running, in the background, and crashes new programs which start up. Crashes my windows sidebar gadgets, first normally, then my AMD CCC, try to copy down the errors, into a notepad but note will crash also. Close ts3 All the programs can start again or function normally. But the weird thing is i use it on planetside 2, and ps2 works. SO why other programs of lesser note keep crashing or wont function while ts3 is on?

I have tried opening ts3 with no overlay plugin installed, tried the uninstalling of the Windows 7 (KB2670838) update, which help last time i updated ts3. Tried uninstalling ts3 3 times, del any reg files to do with ts3, still no joy.

Anyone else getting this problem>?

Yup same here on windows 8 x64. Already made a topic about it as well, but no reaction there so far.

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...-them-start-up

I didn't try any reinstalling though with any windows update. Though this probably might be different for windows 8 anyway Teamspeak overlay most of the times works now when I start it with a game already on, so I don't have to follow the specific order of opening programs anymore, mentioned in my post. Programs are still being shut down though
    Last edited by flippiej; May 12th, 2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: correction of a sentence

I got it a bit easier since Teamspeak seems to work most of the times while the game is already on. The problems still exist however.

Apart from those, DC++ also crashes because of Teamspeak and cannot startup until Teamspeak is shut down. Any reaction or solution on/for this problem? I've seen another topic pass by with the same issue on windows 7 which also didn't get a reaction.

TeamSpeak doesn't do anything to other applications and we were unable to reproduce the problem, which leads to the conclusion it is something on your end.

Hmm still, Teamspeak is the only application that causes this type of shutdowns for me.

All my drivers for my motherboard are up to date, same goes for graphics card and windows 8 updates. I don't have any other strange errors on my pc or behaviour that I've encountered since upgrading to windows 8 last year. At that time I still had an older version of Teamspeak running which just worked fine without any problems on windows 8 as well.
    It's too bad that I didn't use Teamspeak for a couple of months this year, so I don't know where the problem exactly started. I just upgraded instantly to the latest version when I started using it again and it had the problem then.

Do you have any idea what might be causing such a thing on my end? There must be some kind of conflict that could be resolved

Edit: I've found the problem for me. The plugin Overlay is causing it. Disabling it instantly makes it possible for the programs to run again, without even having to shut down Teamspeak or restart my computer. I was running 3.7.23 (latest) of the plugin.
    I've tried to install older versions of the plugin but none of them within API 19 work for me without the same issue. I've then reinstalled Teamspeak 3.0.8.1 with Overlay version 3.6.2 enabled.
    This actually worked and didn't shutdown or stop the startup of any of the mentioned programs. The overlay ingame (Swtor) also started up, though it of course looked a bit older

My only last problem for now is... that the Teamspeak server I'm on is using API 19 So I can't use the old Teamspeak version at all. Anyway this proves for me that the problem is within either the combination of the new Teamspeak API 19 with the Overlay plugin, or within a change within the Overlay plugin itself after version 3.6.2 .
    Last edited by flippiej; May 28th, 2013 at 12:53 PM. Reason: final update

Thanks for sharing your solution.

Hmm well actually I've just found the real solution now

In the older version of the Overlay plugin there were no settings for Direct 3d 10/11 and 64-bit enable mode.

I've just turned those on and off, and disabling the 64-bit enable mode does the trick in the latest Overlay version.
    I'm gonna check now if Overlay also actually still works ingame now, but since this option didn't exist in 3.6.2 and the overlay worked over there, this shouldn't be a problem.

Edit: Yup it works for me. Probably because SWTOR is running as a 32-bit client anyway . I suppose I would have a problem with a 64-bit game though, but I'm not running any. It also 'explains' why windows task management, dc++, Keepass and such were shut down. They are all 64-bit processes.
    Last edited by flippiej; May 28th, 2013 at 02:15 PM.

Overlay Issues

Quote Originally Posted by flippiej View Post
    Hmm well actually I've just found the real solution now

In the older version of the Overlay plugin there were no settings for Direct 3d 10/11 and 64-bit enable mode.

I've just turned those on and off, and disabling the 64-bit enable mode does the trick in the latest Overlay version.
    I'm gonna check now if Overlay also actually still works ingame now, but since this option didn't exist in 3.6.2 and the overlay worked over there, this shouldn't be a problem.

Edit: Yup it works for me. Probably because SWTOR is running as a 32-bit client anyway . I suppose I would have a problem with a 64-bit game though, but I'm not running any. It also 'explains' why windows task management, dc++, Keepass and such were shut down. They are all 64-bit processes.
    I just tried this plugin last night...worked great for a little while then all the sudden every game I tried to load wouldn't work, just a black screen. As soon as I disable the mod everything worked fine again, its a great mod I hope it gets fixed.
    Windows 7
    AMD quad-core processors
    Nvidia GT640 Graphics card
    12GB RAM

Overlay Issues

I got that Problem under Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

And i found out,that the Problem is the Overlay Plugin in Teamspeak 3.

Deactivate it,and all runīs verly nicely ;-)

Best Regards Doom

Quote Originally Posted by DoomDom77 View Post
    I got that Problem under Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

And i found out,that the Problem is the Overlay Plugin in Teamspeak 3.

Deactivate it,and all runīs verly nicely ;-)

Best Regards Doom
    Lol nice resurrection of a topic from 2 years ago Anyway I'm glad that this helped you in Windows 10. These days I'm not using the Overlay anymore since I'm using 2 screens and I just have Teamspeak open on my 2nd screen.

Thread Information