Forum

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Hostname or WAN Ip dosen't work on local computer ( but works for anyone else )

Hi there i have recently swapped over from a dlink router to a ASUS RT-AC56U

the issue i seem to be having now is i can no longer connect to my teamspeak server locally on another machine in my network using the servers HOSTNAME or simply my WAN IP, the only solid way of connecting to my local server ( which is on another machine not my gaming machine ) is to input the server's internal LAN IP ( 192.168.*.* )

But anyone else outside of my network is having no issue connecting to my Teamspeak server via its hostname or even my WAN IP

what seems to be the issue here because i did not have this issue at all on my old router at all and im kinda dumbfounded
    Last edited by dante696; January 7th, 2015 at 01:30 PM. Reason: merged , alreay answered

Please use the LAN IP for internal connections and the WAN IP for your guests.
    Not all routers do support that feature.

We answered that million times on this forum.
    Last edited by dante696; January 7th, 2015 at 01:44 PM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

You answered your question by yourself. You changed the router... your new router does not accept internal connection on external IPs.

**** so i was moved to this part, and i beleive its simply because as stated above in older posts my new router does not allow me to connect to my external IP while inside its LAN network. Thus not an issue with TS at all but my router. Thank you i will be contacting asus for further support // I appologize for asking something redundant without further reading the forums, been up all night setting up new network.

#edit ( NAT LOOPBACK ) this is the feature i was looking for which was required on routers to remedy this issue. If a router does not support it naturally if you desire you can install custom firmware to allow NAT LOOPBACK

thanks for the help guys
    Last edited by derkzor; January 7th, 2015 at 02:06 PM. Reason: merged

Can connect through lan but nothing else.

Can someone help me. i just made my server and added all the ports needed but its not wanting to let me connect trought anything else. It would be amazing if i could get some help. Lemme know if you need the logs.

-Shadow
    Last edited by dante696; February 2nd, 2015 at 12:52 PM. Reason: merged

Quote Originally Posted by xShadowSkillzx View Post
    Can someone help me. i just made my server and added all the ports needed but its not wanting to let me connect trought anything else. It would be amazing if i could get some help. Lemme know if you need the logs.

-Shadow
    more info = more help

do all the ports point to the pc with the server on?
    do you have the server pc with static ip or is dhcp?

what's the ip of server?

You cannot connect to your own WAN IP.

Wan ip

Hey, guys! I am new to the forum! :-) I just need to ask a quick question. I have had a small server that I run on my desktop for quite a while now, but I seem to be having some trouble lately after moving. I am trying to get my brother on my server so we can communicate more easily (we are both in the same house). Anyway, after figuring out port forwarding on the new router, he still can't connect using my WAN IP. Only my LAN IP works. Do and of you guys know why?

Thanks in advance! :-)

- Alex

P.S. Thank you for the awesome program... TeamSpeak is GREAT!!!
    Last edited by dante696; February 21st, 2015 at 09:59 PM. Reason: merged

Quote Originally Posted by ShoobieStomper View Post
    I am trying to get my brother on my server so we can communicate more easily (we are both in the same house)
    Might be easier if you just sit & talk in the same room

Seriously, use the LAN IP, most routers won't allow you to make internal > internal connections using the WAN IP

Haha, no joke! :-) That is very true, but I do have some other people that I game with and I was trying to get everything ready. That is good to know! I honestly hate this router that AT&T gave us... it's a hassle to do anything. Lol :-) I may end up switching it out for one of our personal routers.

Anyway, thanks for the reply! :-)

- Alex

Unable to get ts3 server online

I've done many google searches and came out on some threads on this forum but nothing really gave me a solution.

Here is my problem:

I have a teamspeak server working perfectly on pc A
    There is a problem with the onboard network card of that pc which will disconnect from the network every 5-6 hours.
    This is the reason why i wanted to get it running on another pc, ill refer to that as pc B.

So I made an image with acronis of pc A and put it back on pc B.
    pc A and B are both identical HP desktop models.

Now i can connect to the server on pc B on my local network using the ip address 192.168.0.17 but i am unable to connect to it through the WAN ip address.

So basically i have the exact same configuration on pc A as on pc B and somehow it will only work on pc A.

I also tried downloading the teamspeak server fresh without my current configuration but also cannot get that to work on pc B.

I have the ports forwarded, added to windows firewall exceptions and everything.
    Also tried updating network card drivers, didnt work either.
    I have no clue where the issue could be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.
    Last edited by dante696; March 17th, 2015 at 09:09 AM. Reason: merged , just do not use the wanip..... its for external connections

Server Online, Ports forwarded, but not able to join?

I set up a server on my netbook today, just to be used as a dedicated TS server. Works great! I can connect through localhost just fine. I opened my ports and according to canyouseeme.org the only visible port is 10011... this didn't worry me. I opened the Teamspeak 3 client on my desktop pc and tried connecting through my external, or router, IP and I CANNOT connect.

http://gyazo.com/948aa971d01cfb292aec8af19c55d0da

I am experienced in making servers, I've run many Minecraft servers.

Anybody who can help, please give me your opinions! Thanks!
    Last edited by dante696; March 18th, 2015 at 10:51 AM. Reason: merged

Still looks like a firewall problem to me, or your server is listening to the wrong (local)IP / Port.

Maybe IPTables / Windows Firewall / a built-in firewall in a virus scanner or anything like that, is running on the background? I made that exact mistake a couple of times

Quote Originally Posted by VersusMC View Post
    I set up a server on my netbook today, just to be used as a dedicated TS server. Works great! I can connect through localhost just fine. I opened my ports and according to canyouseeme.org the only visible port is 10011... this didn't worry me. I opened the Teamspeak 3 client on my desktop pc and tried connecting through my external, or router, IP and I CANNOT connect.
    Some routers don't allow to use the public IP from inside the LAN, so in your desktop PC you should indicate the local IP for the server.

For internet, you should try with a client outside your LAN.

Teamspeak3 server issues(need help!)

Hi guys im having a problem. Im hosting a teamspeak3 server on my old computer(32 bit pc). I port forwarded it and i made it correctly. When i try to connect to it from my other computer it doesnt connect. It says Failed to connect to server. Is it have to do with my firewall? or something. Once I made the server I can only connect once and i cant connect again. Plz help me
    Last edited by dante696; March 18th, 2015 at 10:53 AM. Reason: merged

Thread Information