Forum

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PotaBlava View Post
    Some routers don't allow to use the public IP from inside the LAN, so in your desktop PC you should indicate the local IP for the server.

For internet, you should try with a client outside your LAN.
    Did not know that! I'll try it and let you know how it goes. I doubt this is the problem since I can connect to my Minecraft server in this manner but it doesn't hurt to try.

Personnel unable to connect to virtual server

I am currently deployed in the middle east so maybe that is why I can't connect (We use the Kuwaiti ISP) but I am here to hopefully find resolution.

Here is what I have done. I have made a NoIP account and directed it to my WAN IP address, I can post these things if requested. I then forward opened the ports necessary for configuration, I have the server running on my computer.
    Using the DDNS that I have aquired from NoIP I can connect to it, sometimes I can't. The main issue is that no one else can connect.

When using my WAN IP I can't connect. But the DDNS is the same IP and I can use it.

I have disable firewalls both on my PC and my router which goes through a switch on post to the Kuwaiti ISP and then out to the internet.

I have a Asus N66U router.

I can post logs if needed for troubleshooting. I am pretty computer savvy but this has my mind boggled.
    Last edited by dante696; April 8th, 2015 at 07:34 AM. Reason: thread merged

My WAN IP and my DDNS IP are actually different, the DDNS IP according to the logs resolves as a private IP address which could explain why personnel can't connect (10.x.x.x). My friend said he saw it in the server list but fails to connect.

So where did you get your WAN IP from?

You should be able to ge the correct one from here https://www.whatismyip.com/

Scratch the above (I think), perhaps your router is sending the wrong IP to NoIP (misconfigured router?)

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    My WAN IP and my DDNS IP are actually different, the DDNS IP according to the logs resolves as a private IP address which could explain why personnel can't connect (10.x.x.x). My friend said he saw it in the server list but fails to connect.
    You should try using the wanIP, without NoIP service, for connecting to the server.
    Once users can connect with the wanIP then use NoIP.
    Remember, it can happen that you coudn't connect from inside your LAN using the wanIP: some routers don't allow this. So it's better than someone outside your LAN try to connect using the wanIP and port.

Quote Originally Posted by Air SeaTac View Post
    So where did you get your WAN IP from?

You should be able to ge the correct one from here https://www.whatismyip.com/

Scratch the above (I think), perhaps your router is sending the wrong IP to NoIP (misconfigured router?)
    I went on https://www.whatismyip.com/ and received a
    62.150.***.***. If I look into my router then I get a 10.16.***.***.
    I can't connect using the 62.150 one but I can connect using the 10.16 one. But no one can use either, if you wish I can PM the IPs for connectivity testing, I have to go to bed soon since it is 2235 but perhaps tommorow if you guys would like to help me look into this.

1) Are you sure you're looking at the WAN IP in your router?

2) This is just a guess (because I've read about it somewhere) but it's slightly possible your broadband is on a natted connection, i.e. one public IP is shared by many customers. An ISP in the UK was considering such a move because of the shortage of IPv4 IP's

Quote Originally Posted by Air SeaTac View Post
    1) Are you sure you're looking at the WAN IP in your router?

2) This is just a guess (because I've read about it somewhere) but it's slightly possible your broadband is on a natted connection, i.e. one public IP is shared by many customers. An ISP in the UK was considering such a move because of the shortage of IPv4 IP's
    Roger, this is indeed the WAN. Name:  Untitled-1.png
Views: 376
Size:  271.6 KB

You don't need to masquerade "your WAN-IP", it is a private IP (RFC 1918). No one can do anything with this on the internet because private IPs will not be routed. Those private IPs can only be used side local. This is most likely also the problem all people have if they try to reach your server.

There are two likely causes. Either you have two routers cascaded at your side (perhaps a presumed cable modem and your "router") or your ISP uses some kind of NAT and doesn't provide public IPs to all his customers. In the first case you need to check that first device in chain ("cable modem" or "other router") . That device should have a public IP and on this device you'll need to configure a port forwarding for teamspeak's ports.

Quote Originally Posted by Barungar View Post
    You don't need to masquerade "your WAN-IP", it is a private IP (RFC 1918). No one can do anything with this on the internet because private IPs will not be routed. Those private IPs can only be used side local. This is most likely also the problem all people have if they try to reach your server.

There are two likely causes. Either you have two routers cascaded at your side (perhaps a presumed cable modem and your "router") or your ISP uses some kind of NAT and doesn't provide public IPs to all his customers. In the first case you need to check that first device in chain ("cable modem" or "other router") . That device should have a public IP and on this device you'll need to configure a port forwarding for teamspeak's ports.
    I understand, my ISP uses a NAT therefore I can never setup the teamspeak under these conditions unless I rent an external server. Which I do not want to do. Thanks for the assistance in this thread everyone.

I cannot connect to my own teamspeak server on my network

I am connected to the same router that the server is being run from. Everyone else can connect with no problem, I get "Failed to connect to server". Running TS3 3.0.10.3.

Does this ring any bells, my searches yielded very little, and mostly came up with the opposite results.
    Last edited by dante696; June 29th, 2015 at 07:30 AM. Reason: mereged, we have a search feature on forum!

Quote Originally Posted by coomanperson View Post
    I am connected to the same router that the server is being run from. Everyone else can connect with no problem, I get "Failed to connect to server". Running TS3 3.0.10.3.

Does this ring any bells, my searches yielded very little, and mostly came up with the opposite results.
    Use the local IP of the PC where the TS3 server is running instead of the public IP. Some routers don't allow to connect to a inner service using the public IP. For the point of view of this kind of routers: "in you are inside use the local IP, if you are outside use the public one".

I can't connect to my own server, everyone else can

Hey all.

So after I had to do a factory reset of my router, i got my teamspeak server back and configured. Everyone that's not on my network is able to connect to it, but I am not. The computers are connected to the same router through a hard wire if that makes a difference.

Connecting directly using the ip i get "Cannot connect to server".

has anyone else had this problem? I assume it's just some small setting on the router itself.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by dante696; July 3rd, 2015 at 07:05 AM. Reason: merged

Cant connect to local server with external ip.

After updating I can no longer connect to my local server using either a domain or my ISP provided IP. I went back to 3.0.16 and everything works as normal. If i connect using local ip address then i can connect to the server. Also it looks like others can connect to my server as well, Just cant connect locally unless i use either localhost of 192.168. Is this behavior correct on the 3.0.17 build?

Thanks.
    Last edited by dante696; August 10th, 2015 at 09:40 AM. Reason: merged

How to get my External IP Working (The Million Dollar Question)

https://gyazo.com/3da76505b4b0208b50db1086c3af0493
    I am having trouble connecting with the external ip of my server. I know, I know, "We've answered this question a million times." Well the other threads didn't help.
    I have set the external ip for the ports as the public ip of the linux machine, and the internal ip ends in the same two digits as on the linux machine.
    I am stuck and have no idea what I am doing wrong. I have tried restarting the server to see if the server needs to reconfigure, but no luck.
    Last edited by dante696; September 13th, 2015 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Wow you did read it and open that thread? merged!

Thread Information