Forum

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Not Able to create Server

Hello, this is my first time on building my own Teamspeak server.

So, i downloaded the Teamspeak Client and Teamspeak Server,i run the server app, then i port forwarded my IP, but when i try to join my own server using Public IP, it says "Failed to connect to server", but when i tried to connect to my server using my Local IP, it worked.

Can anyone help me?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2.png 
Views:	49 
Size:	13.2 KB 
ID:	13813   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.png 
Views:	76 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	13812  
    Last edited by dante696; April 26th, 2016 at 01:35 PM. Reason: merged. just don' do it :/

Can't connect on my own serevr with an external ip

hello i try to connect on my virtual server with an exteral adress ip but it doesn't work
    Ports are open.
    Ts server can pass the firewall.
    (sorry for my bad english )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	firewall_ts.PNG 
Views:	41 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	14011   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	proximus_ts_ports.PNG 
Views:	41 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	14010  

Can't connect to my ts3

http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/6...ndows-desktops

I have followed this guide to a letter, I can connect using "localhost" in the ip but cant connect using my ip eg 1.2.3.4.5
    I am good with computers but this is puzzling me.

(I am using my public/external IP and not my local one)

I have followed this guide to the letter:http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/6...ndows-desktops

but still cant connect to my ts3. I have forwarded the ports, run the server, and everything.
    I can connect to the server using "localhost" in the IP but cant connect using my external IP and no one else can either.

I have gone so far as to calling my ISP to verify the ports were forwarded, which they are, as well as disabling the firewall on my router, which didnt work either, I havent the faintest idea what im doing wrong.

The only conclusion I have is that either the guide is wrong, or something is wrong with ts3 itself.
    Last edited by dante696; July 6th, 2016 at 11:32 AM. Reason: merged 2 posts and thread

Suddenly unable to connect to my teamspeak server - license error

Since yesterday I am unable to connect to my teamspeak server through my public ip address.
    Already tried a system restore, but that did not work as i expected since nothing has been changed on the pc.

In the logs i found the following error: Unable to find valid license key, falling back to limited functionality
    I am using a basic teamspeak server, running from my own pc with 32 free slots which should not require a license.

I've searched for it on google but all i could find was people talking about an encrypted license code in licensekey.dat
    I have no such file and i don't think it should for a 32 slot free server.

Anyone have any idea what the problem can be?
    Last edited by dante696; August 24th, 2016 at 08:19 AM. Reason: merged

The missing license is no problem. This is just a warning and can be ignored as long your server does start.

Post #2 in that thread explains the problem:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/1...ernally-WAN-IP
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    The missing license is no problem. This is just a warning and can be ignored as long your server does start.

Post #2 in that thread explains the problem:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/1...ernally-WAN-IP

My router or port forwarding is not the problem.
    I did not change router and i have long forwarded the ports already.
    I have been using the teamspeak for over a year and all of a sudden i stopped being able to connect.

I was able to use my public ip address to connect to teamspeak before as well.
    I cannot even use my local ip(192.168.x.x) to connect now

So post #2 does not resolve my problem.

But something in your system has changed or else it would work as before.

Maybe your IP has changed or your router or firewall etc. got updated.
    Or your system got updated.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Ok so i decided to start fresh and download a new teamspeak server from the site onto a different pc and forwarded all the ports.
    I am able to connect to it through localhost and the local 192.168.0.12 address but still unable to connect through my wan ip.
    My router does support this since i have connected to it before.

Also using the teamspeak app from my phone on 4G could not connect and neither could my friends outside my network.
    I have tried everything, disable AVG, allowed access in windows firewall, even disabling windows firewall completely, restarted the modem after forwarding the ports, nothing seems to work.

EDIT: just minutes after posting this i connected through my local ip and all of a sudden saw a friend there and it works.
    I havent really changed anything in the past few minutes so im really confused what suddenly made it work.

EDIT2: even though it is now working through my wan ip and the domain that i registered, it still is not working from the iOS app for some reason.
    I can connect to other servers with the app.

EDIT3: ok now i am really confused. it was still working just now. I close the server and start it again and now it is not allowing me to connect anymore. What the heck is going on??
    Last edited by ajhhanekamp; August 25th, 2016 at 10:46 PM.

No Longer Able Connect Via Hostname After Router Upgrade

Hi guys,

So recently, my D-link DIR-605L decided to partially crater & deny me internet access.
    I got a DIR-880L today, set it up & port forwarded all the exact same ports my previous router had set up.

However, on the DIR-605L (myDlink enabled) I was able to connect via my PC inside my network with a hostname such as krsteamspeak.ddns.net with no problem. I was also able to connect via the hostname on any other device within my network that had TeamSpeak installed.

Now, with the DIR-880L I cannot connect via my hostname or my Public IP address (173.210.xxx.xxx) & can only connect via the local IP of my Server machine (192.168.0.107:PORT#HERE)

For example, my iPhone can connect just fine via hostname with WiFi turned off & using LTE, but the minute I turn WiFi back on my phone drops connection.
    I also had a friend try connect using the hostname, & they got failed to connect, even though my phone while disconnected from my network could connect just fine

Can anyone tell me why this is:

A) Previously could use hostname within my network & no longer can?
    B) My phone can connect fine with WiFi off & using LTE, but my friend cannot?

~ KR

P.S. All ports from the support knowledge-base article are forwarded...
    Last edited by dante696; November 6th, 2016 at 10:50 AM. Reason: merged

That is "normal" behaviour for some SOHO-Routers. As you describe it your new router doesn't allow connects from the inside to your own outside address; but your old router did. I'm not sure if you as an user have any option to change this via the web interface of the router. It's a design decision of the particular router's firewall settings made by the producer.

In all cases it is not the "fault" of teamspeak... you need to ask around in the forums for your router or the support of d-link.

Re: No Longer Able To Connect Via Hostname After Router Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Barungar View Post
    That is "normal" behaviour for some SOHO-Routers. As you describe it your new router doesn't allow connects from the inside to your own outside address; but your old router did. I'm not sure if you as an user have any option to change this via the web interface of the router. It's a design decision of the particular router's firewall settings made by the producer.

In all cases it is not the "fault" of teamspeak... you need to ask around in the forums for your router or the support of d-link.
    Hmm
    I did look in the firewall settings of the new one while reviewing the settings on the old one using my laptop & everything matched.
    There was a few things turned on by default, but I didn't touch them as they were already activated & probably were, for a reason.

Either way, funny part is, I got the old router working again with my ISP.
    Turns out the ISP has to assign the MAC ID of the particular router, to our "device" in order for it to work. Called them last night & had them assign the DIR-605L's (old router) MAC ID to our device & restart/ unplug the router & a small powered box where the cable from the antenna connects into & then plug them back in. Once it was plugged back in, he was able to see the MAC ID of the old router on his end, meaning it was working properly & we confirmed it was working before we hung up the phone.

We are still keeping the new router (DIR-880L) just in case the 605L decides to actually crater soon, as we have 30 days to return the 880L

~ KR

Cannot connect to Teamspeak3 server from LAN using WAN

Hi guys,

I know this has been asked many, many times before, but none of the threads I found helped me with my specific issue.

I have the TS3 server installed on a Linux server and it seems to be working quite nicely, except I can't use my WAN IP to connect. Connecting to the WAN IP from outside of LAN works, so the ports are fine, and I can also connect with my servers hostname from within LAN.

Now the default answer for this is that my router probably doesn't support NAT Loopback, but it does. At least on most other services (such as mumble) I can use my external IP to connect without problems.

The server is listening to 0.0.0.0, which in my very limited network understanding means that it should accept connections from any IP.

Any ideas? I'm happy to provide any additional info you might need
    Last edited by dante696; November 29th, 2016 at 02:47 PM. Reason: undeleted! creating same thread again will change nothing

Cannot connect to my own hosted server

So i'm hosting a server on my pc (Windows 10 64bit)
    i have followed tutorials to solve the problem i have wich did not work at all so i'm able to connect by typing "localhost" but i cannot connect by typing the ip adress i want to use i also tested canyouseeme.org and i keep getting this error

Reason: No route to host

i did portforward everything

Log:
    Code:
    2017-01-30 22:20:54.827419|INFO    |ServerLibPriv |   |TeamSpeak 3 Server 3.0.13.6 (2016-11-08 08:48:33)
    2017-01-30 22:20:54.828420|INFO    |ServerLibPriv |   |SystemInformation: Windows 10 (14393) x64 (AMD or Intel) Binary: 64bit
    2017-01-30 22:20:54.828420|INFO    |ServerLibPriv |   |Using hardware aes
    2017-01-30 22:20:54.829421|INFO    |DatabaseQuery |   |dbPlugin name:    SQLite3 plugin, Version 3, (c)TeamSpeak Systems GmbH
    2017-01-30 22:20:54.829421|INFO    |DatabaseQuery |   |dbPlugin version: 3.11.1
    2017-01-30 22:20:54.829921|INFO    |DatabaseQuery |   |checking database integrity (may take a while)
    2017-01-30 22:20:54.927883|WARNING |Accounting    |   |Unable to find valid license key, falling back to limited functionality
    2017-01-30 22:20:56.912549|INFO    |              |   |Puzzle precompute time: 1926
    2017-01-30 22:20:56.913552|INFO    |FileManager   |   |listening on 0.0.0.0:30033, :::30033
    2017-01-30 22:20:56.947818|INFO    |CIDRManager   |   |updated query_ip_whitelist ips: 127.0.0.1/32, ::1/128, 
    2017-01-30 22:20:56.948318|INFO    |Query         |   |listening on 0.0.0.0:25565, :::25565

using a ip i get from whatsmyip.org

server.ini
    Code:
    machine_id=
    default_voice_port=9987
    voice_ip=
    licensepath=
    filetransfer_port=30033
    filetransfer_ip=
    query_port=25565
    query_ip=0.0.0.0, ::
    query_ip_whitelist=query_ip_whitelist.txt
    query_ip_blacklist=query_ip_blacklist.txt
    dbplugin=ts3db_sqlite3
    dbpluginparameter=
    dbsqlpath=sql/
    dbsqlcreatepath=create_sqlite/
    dbconnections=10
    logpath=logs
    logquerycommands=0
    dbclientkeepdays=30
    logappend=0
    query_skipbruteforcecheck=0

anyway to solve my problem?
    Last edited by dante696; January 31st, 2017 at 07:15 AM. Reason: merged

since you're in the same network as the server, connect using the local ip address instead. Some routers don't like to route traffic from inside the network to their own public ip address. Should work fine for others provided you did the port forwarding and firewall settings correct. You can try yourself by using your mobile phone with wlan turned off.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    since you're in the same network as the server, connect using the local ip address instead. Some routers don't like to route traffic from inside the network to their own public ip address. Should work fine for others provided you did the port forwarding and firewall settings correct. You can try yourself by using your mobile phone with wlan turned off.
    w8 i gonna try to send the same stuff to someone else to connect

EDIT:
    ok we tried logging in from a different pc so i gave my local ip to my litle brother and he is unable to connect to the server Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6q8lts.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	14913

Remember Actief means Active
    Last edited by dante696; January 31st, 2017 at 07:48 AM. Reason: merged

Thread Information