Forum

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but you are running the server and connecting to it on the same network? If this is the case you need the internal IP address (10.0.0.xxx or 168.192.0.xx). open command prompt on the computer running the server, then type 'ipconfig' without the ''. Look for the IPv4 address and use that ip address to connect. I hope this helps

ip address issues

on my windows computer I run the teamspeak 3 server and client. (everything is windows based)
    my friend is able to use his computer (from his house) and using the teamspeak 3 client connect to my server.

if I run my teamspeak client (on the same computer as the teamspeak server) and try to connect to the server (using 192.168.1.99) i can connect just fine and we can hear each other.

if I go to my teamspeak client bookmarks and tell the client to connect to my wan ip address. i can't connect.

i've never had this problem before. I had everything running just fine yesterday. do to a technical issue I had to uninstall the server and client and do a reinstall (technical issue : i screwed up and lost the password to the server)

what might be the problem on why i can connect with the local ip address of 192.168.1.99 but not with the wan ip address, yet my friend is able to connect with my wan ip address?
    Last edited by dante696; October 29th, 2018 at 09:05 AM. Reason: merged

Can't connect to local server with ip address

Hi
    i created windows server yesterday and already portforwarded as in this picture https://imgur.com/i21K9lt
    i can login to the server with localhost ip (127.0.0.1) but when i try to login with router ip it keeps failing
    what may cause this issue?

thank you
    Last edited by dante696; June 19th, 2019 at 08:24 AM. Reason: merged

Разобрался, спасибо!
    Last edited by Sanek200; July 19th, 2019 at 10:22 AM. Reason: moved to right thread

can someone help with loacl server

so ive set up a server i think , i ported right but i can only connect if i put localhost in server if i try my IP it doesnt work , hes 2 pic can someone tell me if im ported right 1st time playing with port forwarding ,,
    PLEASE help the wife hates discord
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	porting.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	179.5 KB 
ID:	18438   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SERVER FUNNING.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	140.6 KB 
ID:	18439  
    Last edited by dante696; October 30th, 2019 at 09:24 AM. Reason: merged

Teamspeak Server Showing up in the Server list, but nobody is able to connect

Hello,

I'm running the latest teamspeak 3 server on ubuntu, i have done the port forwarding, and now i can go on my server by typing my server's local IP (i could do that without port forwarding). When i go on the server list and i select own country,city,etc. I can see the server, but when i try to connect on it, it just says "failed to connect to server". It might be that my ISP is blocking ports, but when i don't port forward the server, it is NOT on the server list, but when i do it IS. Please can someone help me.

Thanks!
    Last edited by dante696; November 13th, 2019 at 11:10 PM. Reason: merged

Thread Information