Forum

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

cant connect to my server using own external IP

i have an teamspeak server and opened all my ports and all the other stuff..
    But i cant connect by my self to my external ip address, but i can connect to mine 127.0.0.1 ip address.
    can anyone help me out?

Angry TS3 Port Forwarding Not Working?

I am having some trouble, so I port forward. Then I use my public IP address to forward the ts3 ports. I make sure I have the right protocol selected, like udp, or tcp. I did however use the right option. But anyway. I run the server and connect by my public IP and it doesnt work. any help please!? It says that connecting failed, but then I connect using my hamachi ipv4 and it works? wth?!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianGamerHD View Post
    I am having some trouble, so I port forward. Then I use my public IP address to forward the ts3 ports. I make sure I have the right protocol selected, like udp, or tcp. I did however use the right option. But anyway. I run the server and connect by my public IP and it doesnt work. any help please!? It says that connecting failed, but then I connect using my hamachi ipv4 and it works? wth?!
    Usually (as it is the case for most SoHo routers), you can't connect to your WAN IP from inside of your LAN. You have to test your connection from internet.

As noted in countless other threads: You yourself cannot connect to your own external ip because most routers don't support it, why send something to the internet that would come back anyway...

So what IP do I use to port forward and connect too?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianGamerHD View Post
    So what IP do I use to port forward and connect too?
    Your question doesn't make sense.

Can't connect to the server with external IP

Hello guys

I am using a teamspeak3 64bit server on my laptop to talk to some of my friends. My OS is windows7 64bit.

I can connect to the server with 127.0.0.1 & 192.168.1.2 (my static IP on my modem) BUT I can't connect with my external IP.

I've opened the ports 9986-9988 (UDP) [I even tried to only open 9987], 10011 & 30033 (TCP), PortForward program says that all of them are open. BUT I can't connect.

I am pretty sure that 10011 & 30033 (TCP connections) work normally. i checked with a website.
    BUT on that same website UDP ports are shown as offline & I searched for another UDP check site, & it said that the port is offline too.

My friend tried it too on his windows 8, and got the same result. AND it didn't work until he stopped using DHCP and connected to the internet on bridge (Not router).

p.s:
    I tried changing 9987 to some other ports on BOTH laptop and modem, with no luck. Any Idea?

Make sure that you create a port forwarding for UDP, because in general you have to select if you want to forward UDP or TCP. Default is TCP in some cases.

Online checking sites are not very good in checking UDP ports, because of the nature of UDP. So don't believe them. Just check that you really created a forwarding rule for UDP 9987 (if this is your voice port) and test again with the TS3 client.

Why are you trying to connect to your EXTERNAL IP from your INTERNAL network? Most routers won't allow this, get someone on the outside to test your connection

Thanks for the response guys:
    Make sure that you create a port forwarding for UDP, because in general you have to select if you want to forward UDP or TCP. Default is TCP in some cases.

Online checking sites are not very good in checking UDP ports, because of the nature of UDP. So don't believe them. Just check that you really created a forwarding rule for UDP 9987 (if this is your voice port) and test again with the TS3 client.
    1. I used PortForwardChecker:
    Port Number to Check: 9987 TCP --> Fail
    Port Number to Check: 9987 UDP --> Success
    That's the strange thing. How is it that PortForward shows a success, but TS can't accept that?

Why are you trying to connect to your EXTERNAL IP from your INTERNAL network? Most routers won't allow this, get someone on the outside to test your connection
    It doesn't matter, my friend did the same thing & I tried to access his own server & failed. Both of us used the same configurations.

I can connect to LAN IP, but not to my external address

Hey guys, ive been reading these forums quite a bit here the last few days to look for an answer to my problem but havnt found one that seems to completely apply. Let me start off by saying, I have good overall computer knowlege, but i really dont know much when it comes to servers, port forwarding etc...
    So heres the deal, i have a server running off an old caming machine, and i initially set it up following the guides found on here, as well as some others on youtube. I have a dynamic IP, so i use the program no-ip for a custom url, as well as compensating for my ip changes. When ifirst set it up it was working fine, friends were able to connect and what not but now, i can only connect from the same computer that the server is ruinning off of and i can also connect from my phone using wifi but when i switch to LTE i get disconnected.... If any body has any ideas on what i could do to fix this, that would be great. Also, if more information is needed i can provide it. I've attached screenshots of everything that i belive is neccesary.
    Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	797 
Size:	10.5 KB 
ID:	11752   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Captureuhgf.PNG 
Views:	872 
Size:	4.8 KB 
ID:	11753   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capturek.PNG 
Views:	1146 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	11754   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capturejjhjh.PNG 
Views:	1038 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	11755  

This is not a TeamSpeak problem.
    Not all routers do support that you can connect to your own external ip, when your machine is in the same LAN network.

Please use the LAN or local IP for your Computer and mobile device (while on WLAN).
    Please use your external IP for your device, while you are not on LAN.

And open the needed server ports for external users!
    https://support.teamspeakusa.com/ind...k-3-server-use
    Last edited by dante696; April 1st, 2016 at 08:30 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Also Picture 3 shows your real problem plain and simple. You're redirecting the DNS Name to a local address range, which will work for everyone that is connected to your LAN, however it will not work for anyone outside of your LAN.

People will actually attempt to connect to their own 192.168.1.5 which obviously won't exist in 99% of all cases, so they'll fail to connect as there is no server running (or there isn't actually anything on that IP for them). Even if they miraculously had a system at that IP address and it were to run a TS3 server they wouldn't be connecting to your server but to their own.
    The DNS entry needs to resolve to the IP address displayed here. Given that their tools doesn't determine the address correctly means their tool is pretty much useless.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Thank you so much! I'ts now up and running, and im able to connct externally. I also had the check box "Use IP of local network adapter" selected, so i undid that, changed ip in the DNS to my public IP. Thanks again guys!

Thread Information