Forum

Can connect via serverquery, but permissions don't work

I cannot figure out how to get full admin server query permissions to my client in my server.

I have full physical access to the server in question, and have tried starting the server with ./blah_startscrip.sh serveradmin_password=something, and similar things, and It does work, in that I am able to login via telnet, but the problem is that after doing:

use sid=1

and then:

servergroupaddclient sgid=2 cldbid=1 (my client is id #1 according to the related clientinfo commands)

It doesn't work, no matter what way I try going about it, It claims: error id=2568 msg=insufficient\sclient\spermissions failed_permid=17309 but... isn't it supposed to be the root serveradmin account?

What you are trying to do is neither recommend or supported nor required for anything.
    Everything you can do from within the client is possible with the regular server admin group.

We do not support adding regular clients to the query groups as that can quickly ruin your server, forcing you to start from scratch.

Also, you should update your server, yours is out of date. Latest server version is 3.0.7.1

It looks like you already screwed your permission setup, since the permission is i_group_member_add_power which you either have removed or upped the needed_member_add_power for that group. Regardless you should start from scratch by deleting the ts3server.sqlitedb.

Closed

Thread Information