Forum

Group Member Self Add/Remove Power

I would like a Group Member Self Add Permission and a Group Member Remove Self permission:

what they do: allows a user to join specified groups, without giving them permission to modify another clients group.

Currently if you want a self joinable group you can set the Guest/Member Group Member Add Power to 10, set the groups you want to allow them to join (Needed Group Member Add Power) to 10 and they can join them at will, do the same for remove and they can leave them at will. The problem is this also lets them modify other clients grouplists and that's not exactly what we want.

With the two new permissions I am suggesting I can put the Group Member Add Power to 75, put the Group Member Self Add to 10 and that will allow the client to join the group themselves while not allowing anyone but an admin to modify other clients - this would be ideal.

If there is already a way to do this I apologize. If not, please consider it! Thanks!

This would be great!
    Right now all my registered members are allowed to move each other. Sometimes they don't want to be moved by others; I couldn't find a way to avoid this.
    With this new permission I could make a group everyone can join that makes the members sticky to the channel so they can't be moved.
    I had such a group but they can, like Draygo said, add each other to it or remove the membership of others. They bugged around with it so I had to remove it..

I have already asked for this because in our community server people can abuse gaming server groups by assigning and revoking them on anyone in the entire server IF they have top level admin for a section. I had to limit it to top admins of sections because when anyone could do it people were being driven insane with people messing with their server groups.

TeamSpeak seems to not be concerned with this issue for some weird reason.

There is no concern or reason.
    Fact is, like in nearly all security systems, either me can set groups or permissions or me can not. There is no define for whom me can set it.
    If people abuse their role, they should get it revoked.

There are a lot of permissions in teamspeak already that allow you to modify something based on who owns it.

A majority of permissions systems let you set permissions granularly (per user, per group etc) and there are even pseudo groups like creator and owner - so you are wrong about that.

Thanks for your input however.
    Examples in teamspeak currently:
    b_client_ban_delete_own
    b_client_complain_delete_own
    b_client_permissionoverview_own
    what I am asking for is:
    i_group_member_add_power_own
    i_group_member_remove_power_own

Sort of contradicting yourself.
    Your example permissions act like a filter, they control if an user is able to i. e. delete any ban rule or just those he created himself.
    They do not say which specific ban rule he can delete or not.

I have just found this thread while searching for the exact thing Worfox wants to do. I'd really appreciate Draygo's idea. Please make it possible!

It shouldn't be difficult to implement. I really wish the developers would actually pay attention to us when we are asking for a simple feature to prevent abuse. People love to assign themselves icons of games etc but they can drive people crazy by assigning and revoking them on other people at random. I really do wish they would just add this feature already.

Hey, we haven't seen the code and we don't know how difficult something will be to implement, don't make assumptions. Devs might also want to see more support for the suggestion before they spend development time on the feature. Best thing you can do is find others that support this and get them to post their support and rate the thread at the top 5 stars.

Thanks!

Looking for more support. This would be a handy feature for me and several other admins I know.
    Last edited by dante696; December 3rd, 2013 at 08:11 AM.

Option which let you assign groups only to yourself but nobody else.

I'd really appreciate it if there was an option in the right system which gives an user the right to assign a server group to only himself but nobody else.

This might be helpfull for admins when a server has groups for multiple games.
    E.g. when an user becomes promoted to a member group or something he can assign every gaming group on his own without the need of an admin but still can't assign or revoke other users gaming groups who have the same member group.

I don't know if this is possible but I really hope you can add this feature in near future.
    Thank you for reading. :)
    Last edited by dante696; April 8th, 2016 at 08:24 AM. Reason: merged

Thread Information