Forum

Logitech wireless headset noise - need some help

Hi All.

I have a Logitech Clearchat wireless headset. Here is a link to the exact model. Logitech isn't that great with model numbers.

It worked great on my older, first gen quad core Intel system on Windows 7 (64 bit). After my upgrade to an Asus P8Z77 with an I7 chip everyone complains about the headset sending out noise. It's like a periodic (once every 30 seconds or so) clicking, popping sound. I don't hear it but everyone else on the channel does. I can watch the transmit light going when it's doing it, even if I kill the mic on the headset itself. Asus thought it was the MB and swapped me but it's still doing it. I've tried everything I could think of - I took out an old PCI board, tried different USB slots, cmos settings, etc. but it's still doing it. Logitech was horrible when it came to helping with this.

I use this same headset on this same, new system on Skype and nobody complains. I'm thinking it's some codec or driver issue?

Help?

Thanks.

probably drivers yes.
    You could try removing anything that is Logitech from your system (e.g. any of their software and drivers) then reboot and see if Windows can deal with the headset using default windows drivers (don't let it install that Logitech stuff again). If the issue is gone, you know for sure it's the drivers / software.

Thanks, I appreciate the reply. However, the driver(s) appear to be hard coded into the USB transceiver. I can't find their driver residing on the system and there appears to be no trace of it when it's not plugged in. There also appears to be no way to stop or alter it as Windows sees it each time it's plugged in, as there would be with anything else I've ever installed.

Are there any tweaks or codecs, etc. that might help with this? Are there others on the forum using this headset with TS3 with or without problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    probably drivers yes.
    You could try removing anything that is Logitech from your system (e.g. any of their software and drivers) then reboot and see if Windows can deal with the headset using default windows drivers (don't let it install that Logitech stuff again). If the issue is gone, you know for sure it's the drivers / software.

Hello again. I never could solve this problem so I switched to a crappy wired headset. I'd really like to switch back. My wireless headset does not seem to have this problem on Skype. I'm sure it's only on TS3. Doing a search some on another site suggested it could be the Nvidia driver but that's been updated several times since I built this machine. I would really like to go back to my wireless headset. Any more suggestions?

Thread Information