Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

SA can not change channel icon. Guest can not send message to SA.

Server Admin can not edit channel icon. All is well, manage icon, modify power 75 etc. Help.

insufficient client permissions (failed on i_channel_needed_permission_modify_power)

I have a big spam on TS, so only the group of "normal" can write, and that's ok, but I want to group "guest" to write and knock on the "server admin".

insufficient client permissions (failed on i_client_needed_private_textmessage_power)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ss.png 
Views:	504 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	8143   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ss2.png 
Views:	446 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	8144  

I'm sorry....what exactly are you trying to accomplish? What group are your screenshots referring to (you mentioned at least three in the post). What does spam have to do with the problem and what solution are you attempting to reach? Does this somehow factor into the issue with modifying icons? What do you mean by "write"?

The answers I can give based on inference are these:

You must set the admin group i_channel_permission_modify_power higher than the i_channel_needed_permission_modify_power of the channel if you want the admins to be able to edit the channel.

You must set i_client_private_textmessage_power on any user group to higher than the i_client_needed_private_textmessage_power of the user group you want them to be able to send messages to.

I hope I answered your questions. If not, more detail needs to be provided on your part.

1#
    Competitive servers. Specifically, individuals with these servers come up to me and say on the message to users. It says there that change IP etc.. Therefore, "Guest" can not knock and write private messages. This is good, but I would like to "Guest" can write personal messages to admins and knock. In Annex screen message settings for the guest and the power of the admin group. Why "Guest" can not write or knock admins?

"insufficient client permissions (failed on i_client_needed_private_textmessage_power) "

2#
    My group server admin can not change the channel icons and I wish it could. Screens in the Annex. Admin can not even channel formed by them to change icons.

"insufficient client permissions (failed on i_channel_needed_permission_modify_power)"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ss.png 
Views:	165 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	8171   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ss2.png 
Views:	167 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	8172   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ssi.png 
Views:	155 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	8173   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ssi2.png 
Views:	140 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	8174  

when editing the icon the i_channel_needed_permission_modify_power of the channel you are editing is taken and compared to your i_channel_permission_modify_power. So if a channel has a needed permission modify power of > 75 the admin won't be able to change it.
    Also keep in mind that it might be that your server admin get's overridden by channel group permissions if you didn't skip it.

As for the private messaging:

As it looks from those screenshots your guests should be able to text themselves (as in other guests) as well as admins, however these are probably overridden by channel groups or channel permissions. What you can try is to set the needed text message power of the guest to 75, keep the text message power at 25 but check the second column (Skip).

Still nothing. The idea is that the admin server has two groups: SA and "Verified" ... SA is off "needed_private_textmessage_power" and the Guest can write to him, but by the "verified" it is not possible ... "verified" have "needed_private_textmessage_power = 50" ...

How to make a guest group to bypass the requirements of the group "verified" and she looked at it, that the group "SA" is off "needed_private_textmessage_power"?

All my problems with this lie. How to make that one server group failed to mention the other settings?

The reason for having admins have multiple groups is beyond me, especially seeing that usually there is no group that gives any permission that the admin doesn't have already but in any case.

To do what you want just give the server admin group the i_client_needed_private_textmessage_power with a value of 0 and then check the negate column for that permission.

Thank you, it works "Guest" can write to SA. Just ... to "ROOT" no. I want to also be able to write ROOT. I set the same as in SA, or "i_client_needed_private_textmessage_power with a value of 0 and then check the negate column for that permission," but pops up: "insufficient client permissions (failed on i_client_needed_private_textmessage_power)", why? ROOT addition to the main group is the same group as SA.

Use the permission overview (right click target client > permissions) to determine where they get the permissions from and what they have.

I can not use this option because they do not know what I'm looking for. ROOT is needed textmessage private power value 0 and select negate. Guest has 25 power message, why can not write to ROOT?

the needed private text message power might have been overridden by higher permission tiers.

ROOT has two groups: ROOT and "man". When I take off my his group "man", can be written, that Guest could have just as ROOT ROOT group. The problem lies in the "man", because it is needed textmessage power 50 .. how overridden these requirements?

"SA" is the same group of "man" and the group "SA" I set power needed textmessage 0 and negate, the group Guest overridden requirements of the group "man". Why the omission of the requirements of the group ROOT group "man" does not work?

Thread Information