Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[Suggestion] physical keyboard support for PTT

Android supports attached, BT or even docked (Asus Transformer series) keyboards. I think it would be nice to be able to assign one of the keys on it as a PTT key in addition to the in app on screen button.

Push to Talk key for android devices with keyboard?

Hello,

I've got teamspeak for my android tablet and i have a keyboard for it, so i was wondering if i can configure a key for the push to talk feature instead of having to touch the mic icon on the screen, i don't know if this feature is already in it, if so could you please give me instructions as to how to do it? if not, would you be considering to add such feature?

Thank you for your time.
    David.

I think I asked for this also a long time ago, maybe during the first Android beta. I have a BT keyboard I use with my tablet a lot. Would be useful, if even for a few users.

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    I think I asked for this also a long time ago.
    It was on may:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...light=keyboard

We already got this onTodo
    @Screech, i just edited your post.

Any more thought on this related topic. Similar to this in that it is a PTT button request, but not a keyboard button. The part about using the inline button on the wired headset is still very desirable to me as I often want TS3 on the phone while walking and using the headphones . I would love a single click to (un)mute mic and double click to (un)mute headset, just need to hear the audio announcement to know which way I threw the switch since I don't see my phone's screen, even when muting headset.

Supporting media buttons from BT headset would not a bad idea either. Not sure if Android would pass the same event for pause/play button from the BT media headset as the single click on the inline button of the wired headset. And do the same for next track/double click. If it does: updating, or registering, TS3 to listen/receive for those media events on the Android system may make supporting both methods easy.
    Last edited by Screech; October 11th, 2013 at 06:29 PM.

I would also be able to configure push to talk as well. I have ASUS Transformer Prime Tablet with keyboard. I like having ts on it running instead of my computer.

However I see there is a voice activation but not an option to not have to use push to talk. I would like to have it so that it turns on when I speak and be hands free.

I am using Logitech h800's which are Bluetooth and I can hear and hit the button and people can talk but for gaming I don't have time to push a button to activate the mic on a tablet especially when you can't choose a keyboard button for your push to talk.

Also I noticed when I enable use Bluetooth in the program nothing works anymore and it works when its not on.

Anyways know that it just came out of beta but having the option to choose your push to talk button and the option to be hand free and have voice activated off of mic volume would be nice features.

Thanks

We added support for BT and Hardware keyboards as PTT today, this can be extended to mute/unmute. I guess this feature will need an extended testing since it can be that different keyboards and even different devices can cause problems here. If this is working as planned we can add support for wired headsets.
    We will prepare a beta testing group for android soon so you can decide if you want to give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    We added support for BT and Hardware keyboards as PTT today, this can be extended to mute/unmute. I guess this feature will need an extended testing since it can be that different keyboards and even different devices can cause problems here. If this is working as planned we can add support for wired headsets.
    We will prepare a beta testing group for android soon so you can decide if you want to give it a try
    Cool, I have BT Logitech keyboard I can use on my tablet or phone and my tablet supports USB keyboards too.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Is the PTT for wired headsets still a possibility?

Quote Originally Posted by LFawkes View Post
    Is the PTT for wired headsets still a possibility?
    Already working as a hotkey, but does not mean that it is working by hardware.
    Some microphones get hardware muted, when you press a button on your remote.

There is nothing we can do, when your wired headset does that.
    Last edited by dante696; December 4th, 2013 at 09:52 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Some microphones get hardware muted, when you press a button on your remote.

There is nothing we can do, when your wired headset does that.
    Except press button to toggle mute/unmute mic instead of PTT, since most single hardware buttons to answer calls mute the mic, specially on 3.5mm headsets with inline mic.

Also, when the screen turns off or TS it's in the background Intercept Key doesn't work and the native function gets executed, this on a Xperia U, Android v2.3.7.
    Last edited by pancho_rock; December 4th, 2013 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Forgot Android version.

Same for me on Virgin Mobile Kyocera RISE Android version 4.0.4. If TS3 is not in focus or screen is turned off Hardware PTT button does not work

BUMP, sorry if this isn't allowed, but it has been 2 months since implemented, the function needs to be extended to mute/unmute and should be able to work out of focus.

"I think it would be nice to be able to assign one of the keys on it as a PTT key in addition to the in app on screen button. "

What on screen button? I cant seem to get any button to work as PTT, and I dont see an on screen button at all, it gives me the server rooms breakdown in list, with users etc..... i cant leave that screen without leaving the server (IE, home page)

Not even 100% sure if this is the same app at this point but im pretty sure, looks like it from screen shots and the icons,

Thread Information