Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved Statistics about channel usage/client connections.

I have a community server, sometimes people leave and get their own server or join someone elses server at which point I get a load of channels sitting there dormant never being used. Then I have to go one by one and check each channel group for people who are part of that section, check their online times to get an idea of it that section is in use or not. But even then they may be coming in and going to other peoples sections or something.

It would be great to have an option where admins can see statistics for channels so we can see for example over the past month X people connected, maybe with a graph that shows the 30 day period so you can easily see if a channel is actually getting used and is active.

Currently it is a major major pain to try and figure out if people are actively using a section or not because server logs do not show people connecting to channels, which even that I am sure I could cook up some Autoit program to check the usage of channels manually if it was logged, but it isn't logged.

Something like this will not be included in the server / client.
    There are several 3rd party tools available already that provide this kind of information.

Info about last connection to channel

Hello everyone!
    I know this function exist but it is stored in server memory and it is visible only for Query Client. The worst thing about it it got deleted when server restars. I explored a ts3 server database a little and found client_lastconnected column in clients table. Is it possible to do the same for channels? eg. channel_lastconnected for every channel. It could be very useful for many servers

Greetings.
    Last edited by dante696; July 3rd, 2015 at 10:06 AM. Reason: merged, old request and already rejected

Yes! Monitoring unused channels would be much more simple. Of course, we are talking about large public servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Something like this will not be included in the server / client.
    There are several 3rd party tools available already that provide this kind of information.
    All such tools are fake ... because the server saves the information of a "last seen on channel" in the cache which means they erased a server restart.

Quote Originally Posted by Deireadh View Post
    All such tools are fake ... because the server saves the information of a "last seen on channel" in the cache which means they erased a server restart.
    I am totally agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Deireadh View Post
    The tools he is meaning store the information in there own databases. So the tool is deciding when to erase the data.

Thread Information