Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Teamspeak Server Crashes at File Download

Hello,
    we have a problem with a windows Vserver (KVM virtualizied). If anyone download files from the Server, the packet lost going upstairs and speaking are very laggy. Then in seconds the Server "crash" (He dont crashes but connection lost for all, download works!!). At Download finished all user auto connect and all its good. But what is this?
    Virtual Machine runs Windows Server 2008
    Teamspeak newest version

Sry for my English, I am from Germany
    I hope you can understand my Problem
    Thanks

Sounds like not enough bandwidth on the server to support file transfer and clients... In the edit virtual server window reduce the upload and download bandwidth limits to 25-30% of your available bandwidth to the internet, may be able to reduce the impact of download on the talkers.

Hi,

i have a the same problem with a similar environment.

System with KVM and a Guestsystem Windows Server 2008 R2 Web.

When i start the TS3 on the same physical maschine, under Guestsystem with Linux Debian i have no problem

When i use the the Windows VM all works fine until a few user join or someone download a file. After the download starts the packet lost go to the high (10-90% lost) sometimes everyone disconnects. The download runs until the end and after the completion all runs fine. The firewall ports and the exe file is open for out and incoming traffic. For experimental use i started the exe with a Admin-User and bind the ip with the ini File (some solution from google search) . But nothing solved the problem.

My mind:
    It can not be the server or the guestsystem general, because the linux maschine runs great (so i exclude a problem with network or the vm). I suspect the problem on a windows setting or a setting between windows and kvm. The server usage is low all the time (5% CPU and 20% ram the system has 4 cpu cores and 6 gb ram assigned) The teamspeak influenced the stability and availability from other programs on the vm (not the hostsystem).

Any solutions?

how is the network linked between the host and guest, any throttling/QoS config there? Have you tried reducing the bandwidth allowed for file transfers in TS3?

Hi,

network is linked internal with 10gbits. I have not tried to reduce the bandwidth (how i realize it on windows)?

I have tried to change the prio of the process but no reaction.

Thread Information