Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    We apologize for the issues you have experienced. We suffered a service interruption with our accounting servers which unfortunately prevented some TeamSpeak 3 servers from being able to start and which may have caused some servers to report connection errors to the accounting server. At this time, we have corrected these issues. If your server is currently offline after previously reporting errors contacting the accounting/licensing server, you should attempt to restart it which should correct the problem.

well these changes in how you get an NPL are simply put ***STUPID*** when i 1st started running my own ts3 server none of this was needed. But now you effectively prevent tens of thousands of people(myself included) from even running a greater then 32 person server. And now im supposed to buy a domain and spend tons of cash on a website i DON'T need just to get your crappy license??? We have a private gaming community and we were forced to spend 100$ to get just a 128 slot NPL. We dont run a website never have we dont take donations yet we are made to eat a over priced NPL cost. Thanks ts3 team we have lost alot of respect for ts3 these days and will no dought jump to somthing not so nazi in the future and you guys will not get another dime from us. 100$ for 128 slot for one year plus the cost of a stinking website that we dont need PLUS the cost of a domain name PLUS the cost to rent a VPS 500$ + later here we are back at 32 person server cuz your accounting server likes to screw up!!!

in closing **THIS IS BULLSHIT*** SMARTEN UP TS3 YOUR OLD WAY WAS ACCSEPTABLE 512 NPL FREE FOR PRIVATE USE ON ONE SERVER WAS GREAT NO HASSLE NO "GET A DOMAIN AND WEBSITE" CRAP TO QUALIFY I HATE THIS SHIT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    We apologize for the issues you have experienced. We suffered a service interruption with our accounting servers which unfortunately prevented some TeamSpeak 3 servers from being able to start and which may have caused some servers to report connection errors to the accounting server. At this time, we have corrected these issues. If your server is currently offline after previously reporting errors contacting the accounting/licensing server, you should attempt to restart it which should correct the problem.
    Hey Chris.
    Thank you for your reply.

Is there any chance to implement fuction which lets licensed users start TS3 in such cases? I mean some kind of acceptable delay with no authentication server validation. You know if server is sure that license is valid now then for at least some hours or a day server should of course try to reconnect (it's implemented already in running servers) but you can't restart server process completely. I'm wondering if it's able to keep last valid connection. For example with the date in encrypted file in server folder.

While I totally approve your method of authentication I highly suggest to take a look at such feature to prevent problems in such situations. Every server is just a server and may crash .

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbolt View Post
    now im supposed to buy a domain and spend tons of cash on a website i DON'T need just to get your crappy license??? We have a private gaming community and we were forced to spend 100$ to get just a 128 slot NPL.
    You are talking about the AAL, which doesn't require a website or a domain... It just requires some server to run the TeamSpeak server on.

we are back at 32 person server cuz your accounting server likes to screw up!!!
    That was an unfortunate incident, but it was out of our hands. Issues in the datacenter in which the accounting server is located can happen and are out of our control.

YOUR OLD WAY WAS ACCSEPTABLE 512 NPL FREE FOR PRIVATE USE ON ONE SERVER WAS GREAT NO HASSLE NO "GET A DOMAIN AND WEBSITE" CRAP TO QUALIFY I HATE THIS SHIT!!!
    It might still be that way if people didn't decide to cheat on us. In any case, the regulations are as they are and you either meet them or have to go with another license type. As said before the AAL (which you seem to be referring to) does not require a website or a domain name, you only need some server to run it on.

Hi all

I'm still having problems connecting to accounting. I've searched the forums and read through several of the threads about this, and the things I've tried are forwarding port 2008 and doing a cold reboot of the server but have still not had any luck. I've tried to ping and traceroute 62.146.63.84 but both fail.

My server is running on Ubuntu 14.04, and I haven't enabled the firewall in this. Any suggestions how to resolve this would be much appreciated

Thanks
    Ix

Quote Originally Posted by Ixian217 View Post
    I've tried to ping and traceroute 62.146.63.84 but both fail.
    I don't know why you ping 62.146.63.84...? It has nothing to do with accounting. Also the new accounting server does not respond to ICMP.

Quote Originally Posted by Barungar View Post
    I don't know why you ping 62.146.63.84...? It has nothing to do with accounting. Also the new accounting server does not respond to ICMP.
    This was my bad, was reading up outdated information when I searched the forum. I'm still at a loss what is wrong, the server instance message is:

listening on 0.0.0.0:30033
    Puzzle precompute time: 14284
    max slots : 512
    max virtualservers: 10
    ending date : Thu Nov 20 00:00:00 2014
    starting date : Mon May 5 00:00:00 2014
    type : Non-profit
    Licensing Information
    Unable to connect to accounting server
    TS3ANetwork::ResolveHostName failed error: -2 (Name or service not known) 0
    Unable to connect to primary address, trying secondary
    checking database integrity (may take a while)
    dbPlugin version: 3.7.3
    dbPlugin name: SQLite3 plugin, Version 2, (c)TeamSpeak Systems GmbH
    SystemInformation: Linux 3.13.0-30-generic #55-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 4 21:40:53 UTC 2014 x86_64 Binary: 64bit
    TeamSpeak 3 Server 3.0.10.3 (2014-01-01 16:28:39)
    Any ideas would be appreciated and if there's any other information that would be useful please just say

Thanks
    Ix

Ping & traceroute might not work, but you should still be able to resolve accounting.teamspeak.com to an IP address ('TS3ANetwork::ResolveHostName failed error: -2 (Name or service not known) 0' says you can't)

If using Windows try
    nslookup accounting.teamspeak.com

Or for Linux try
    dig accounting.teamspeak.com

Both of the above should be tried at the command prompt / terminal, and should give you an IP address. If there's an error you need to look at your DNS settings

Thanks for the reply Air SeaTac. My server is on linux and dig does provide an ip address and details for accounting.teamspeak.com, and it also works on my windows computer. I haven't enabled the firewall in linux either so haven't had to touch any iptables if that helps?

The problem is... dig and nslookup tell you that it is possible to resolve the hostname, now... that does how ever not tell you if it was possible when your teamspeak server tried to do it. There is still the probable issue that it isn't possible at that time.

To narrow it down you might want to do a background tcpdump of udp 53 and wait until the error occurs again. Then check your dump file and look what the dns protocol level tells you. Perhaps the dns did indeed respond with NXDOMAIN.

Thanks for this Barungar. I stopped the ts3 service, did the tcpdump and restarted it and now it seems to connect fine to accounting so it seems to be all sorted!

Thanks for all the help
    Ix

Thread Information