Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Thread: Custom commands

Custom commands

Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to create custom commands for my TS3 server. Like for example, if a user types /commands in the client, the server will respond by sending a message of all the available commands.

I'm currently using an unlicensed version but purchasing a license as soon as my server is set up properly.

Can anyone help me achieve this please?

This could be achieved with a server side bot. You need to write/use a little program/script which connects via server qeury to your teamspeak server and then this little bot can be used the way you suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Barungar View Post
    This could be achieved with a server side bot. You need to write/use a little program/script which connects via server qeury to your teamspeak server and then this little bot can be used the way you suggest.
    That sounds a little complex. How hard would this be?

I've written an IRC bot in Java that can do this, parse commands from the users input etc but I'm not sure if there is a Teamspeak API?

Any pointers?

Edit: Oo I've just found an API for ts3, this might make things a little more simple.

You'd need to do this using the serverquery, which is a telnet interface. Connect to the server ip on port 10011 using any telnet client and type help to see a list of commands.

Thread Information