Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Saitek x52 Pro Profiler Conflict

Teamspeak version 3.0.10.1 seems to conflict with the Smart Tech profiler tool for the Saitek x52 Pro joystick (used to select game specific profiles that assign key bindings to the stick's buttons). Once Teamspeak is running, selected profiles do not work correctly and disconnecting the joystick hangs the system (beeping on mouse clicks).

I have rolled back to previous versions of both the profiler tool and Teamspeak to confirm that it is the newer version of Teamspeak that is causing the conflict. Previous versions of Teamspeak do not cause a conflict. I would continue to use a previous version of Teamspeak, however most servers are only compatible with the latest version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironingboard2000 View Post
    Teamspeak version 3.0.10.1 seems to conflict with the Smart Tech profiler tool for the Saitek x52 Pro joystick (used to select game specific profiles that assign key bindings to the stick's buttons). Once Teamspeak is running, selected profiles do not work correctly and disconnecting the joystick hangs the system (beeping on mouse clicks).

I have rolled back to previous versions of both the profiler tool and Teamspeak to confirm that it is the newer version of Teamspeak that is causing the conflict. Previous versions of Teamspeak do not cause a conflict. I would continue to use a previous version of Teamspeak, however most servers are only compatible with the latest version.
    you may try the different hotkey detection systems available in
    Settings --> Options--> hotkeys --> hotkey detection combobox (above the apply button).
    See if any of them work.

Saitek input devices and TS 3.0.13 default hotkey mode corrupts/crashes Windows

I installed the drivers and software for my Saitek X-52 last night (OS Win7x64) and noticed that when I started Teamspeak the X-52 would slowly lose functionality, buttons would stop working, axis would become unstable, etc. When leaving the game (Falcon 4.0 BMS) my keyboard and mouse input would become corrupted. I tried unplugging my X-52 and at that point all default mouse button input would break, and left clicking would cause a beeping sound.

I tried examining processes to see if something was hanging or going strange, but Task Manager would show no processes running at all, the list blank. Eventually the computer would grind to a halt, or it would BSOD. During this time TS never crashed itself, but it would hang. I was unable to get a dump of the memory for analysis due to the fact that it corrupted Task Manager as well, and right clicking and keyboard input was either non-responsive or erratic at best.

I changed to Keyboard & Mouse Only mode in TS (and I had to close TS, and restart my computer because even starting TS in the default hotkey mode started this corrupting process) and the problem no longer occurs. In TS 3.0.12 I always used Direct Input mode and this problem never occurred in that mode either.

This problem is repeatable, consistently with the latest Saitek drivers/software. It only occurs when TS starts in default hotkey mode. If TS is not in that mode, or TS is not started the Saitek drivers/software runs fine and there are no problems. This is a TS issue.

There seems to be something fundamentally wrong with the default method of input capture in TS. This is not the only issue with the default mode. The default mode also, as I have stated in other threads breaks independent Direct Input device acquisitions in TS plugins, corrupting input, or if started in reverse order, independent Direct Input acquisitions break the default TS capture mode.

The default hotkey method seems to be invalid and possibly implemented incorrectly due to the serious nature of the problems that occur when it interacts with other devices.

This is a problem that has been encountered before as well: http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...filer-Conflict

Hopefully this will raise some concerns about the default input capture method (can you actually lend some insight into how you implement this capture mode?)

Quote Originally Posted by NouberNou View Post
    I tried unplugging my X-52 and at that point all default mouse button input would break, and left clicking would cause a beeping sound.

I tried examining processes to see if something was hanging or going strange, but Task Manager would show no processes running at all, the list blank.
    This is because proces called csrss.exe (Client Server Runtime SubSystem - one of the most critical system proces) stop responding. You completely lose control of your system and all you can do is hard reset.

In old versions of TS (before they remove Direct input option) you can change your setup from default to direct input (but it's not recommended by TS team as you can read in change log - we don't know why so...). But this worked for me and my X-52.

This is old bug how you can see that TS team doesn't care and forced us to use bugged option that causing system crash.
    So I suggest all saitek's and others stick's user to stay with TS 3.0.12 (or lower) and won't care about updates.
    In other way you can stop talking or use your nose, feet or something else to press "push to talk" button or throw out to trash your direct devices or just simply find another application to talk. Make your choice.
    Last edited by kilof; October 11th, 2013 at 01:39 PM.

Thank you guys for your report.
    I just added this into our bugtracker and a dev will have a look at it.

Also

Having the same problem. Latest TS and X52 Profiler software are behaving very badly together. Every button press was amounting to dozens of presses of the button in game.

We did our test with the same joystick (x52 Pro) but we can not reproduce that on our systems.

Can you guys give us a detailed how to for this problem?
    Can you send us your TeamSpeak client configuration files?
    >>>>The settings.db is stored under %appdata%\TS3Client
    And can you also send us your Saitek profiles?
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Hi dante,

I have the same issue with the X52 profiler software, it somehow overlaps with the TS.
    In my old post I found a solution by choosing "direct input" in the scroll list in settings > hotkeys.
    See - http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...-profile-issue

In the few last versions that option has been removed, I don't know why but this brings me back into the same issue I have had before, I now have to make the profiler program click a keyboard/mouse button whenever I click the joystick button I want to be PTT, then I have to configure that same keyboard/mouse button in the TS as PTT to be able to use a PTT on the stick, If I set on the TS a Button from the joystick, I then can bearly control the computer untill I shut off the profiler.
    I did some tests, and it seems to be reproducing when I set bands on the MiniStick and each band click a different button when under 20% or above 80%, I'm guessing that TS somehow scans that input and gets constant input which somehow is making everything go crazy.

I beleive that this is relevant with other threads in this forum, I think that people who have keyboards with axis control on them or some input that constantly sends data might produce the same issue.

I've uploaded my settings.db to here.
    I really think that brining back the "Direct Input" option that was available would fix this issue for all.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help here with.

Thanks,
    morrtz.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you for the feedback, but ee also need the profile from Saitek.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Attached one of my profiles.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm the one with the Saitek X52 Pro but nothing came up so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortz
    I did some tests, and it seems to be reproducing when I set bands on the MiniStick and each band click a different button when under 20% or above 80%...
    To be honest I have no clue what "bands" are. Can you please be more specific or better make a HowTo using your attached settings.db and your profile so I can reproduce it too?

Once I can reproduce it we probably will find a solution.

Hi RicoH,

Here it is -
    1. go into your MadCatz profile editor - Programming.
    2. In the views select Grid view.
    3. go all the way down, the left column is the regular mode column, you can erase all the other columns.
    4. MiniStick X Axis - Click on the little arrow thats in that box and select Bands, you will get 3 parts, usualy -
    0-33%, 34%-66%, 67%-100%.
    5. change 0-33 and 67-100 to click a keyboard key (click inside that window and click the keyboard key).
    6. do the same for MiniStick Y Axis.

This is how to reproduce, it is obviously an issue with input coming constantly from the X-52 system which is configured to click a different key or whatever.
    Anyway, did you guys comeout with a way to individualize the controls the TS is waiting for to direct input only?

Thanks for the clarification. I understand the "Bands" now!

I did everything you suggested but still nothing. Everything works fine whether I use PTT with a Button directly or a mapped key for the MiniStick. The hotkey system is acting on buttonDown/keyDown and buttonUp/keyUp and I saw that the Stick sends many "downs" in a row but this should not be an issue. Once a "down" is detected every additional will be ignored. Maybe it is the key itself, which key did you bind? I just tried ordinary keystrokes like "a", "b" etc.

I know this is an old thread but I have been having this exact issue for months now. I have not (yet) tried the "Keyboard & Mouse Only mode". I will do that tonight when I get home from work. I am running an X52 (not PRO) with the latest software and drivers and the latest version of TS3. I assume everyone else is also still having this issue? Anyone have any new updates on a fix?

I have more or less the same issue as the OP. Everything I do causes a beep. I'll have to roll back until the issue is fixed. Everything still runs, I can still hear TS, but the PTT doesn't work.

Thread Information