Forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I still cannot reproduce it but I don't want to give up yet!

Let's share some more information.

Maybe it is not TS and Profiler but game related. Do you guys all play the same game (or which game?) or does the issue come up also without playing a game?

I'm testing on Windows 8.1 64 Bit and TeamSpeak Client version 3.0.14 (19.12.2013 10:08:14) which is up to now our latest Beta. My input device is Saitek PLC Saitek X52 Pro Flight Control System, has 39 Buttons and I can assign them all as a hotkey. Even after hours every joystick hotkey is responding but I have to admit, I wasn't in any game so far. The hotkey system of course is "default" which on Windows stands for "Raw Input". We are only interested in buttons so we ignore any axes.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldozer
    ... Everything I do causes a beep. ...
    How can I reproduce this?

I am having the exact same problem as the others in this post. Beeping, ungraceful crashes, all input devices stop working, task manager shows no running processes...requires hard reset, etc.

I'm actually amazed how perfectly everyone describes what's been happening to me. I was sure this must be a saitek problem, but looking back, I've never experienced it while TS wasn't running. I've removed and replaced the saitek drivers countless times, I've tried 3 previous versions in addition to current, and the problem persists.

I'm willing to help with anything you need for testing. Unfortunately I've removed all X-52 stuff at the moment (2 BSODs, 3 forced hard resets tonight alone, and I'm on stripped SSDs so I cringe bad every time I have to reach for that reset button...)

I fly with the guys over at /r/hoggit and I know of one other user who's described the exact same just a few days ago.

Not sure if this is telling or not, but I'm also using bands on the ministick and slider, and I've noticed that when TS is running with the focus in the txt box, when I fire the silder band (which is bound to Numpad * and /), i'm also seeing characters that are bound to the ministick bands show up. This can be seen occuring outside of TeamSpeak, but only after TS has been running w/ a profile active on the x-52 (non-pro for me). My TS PTT is bound to the clutch button on the x-52 (Clutch mode disabled in x-52 control panel.)

I've used TS and my x-52 for many years. It wasn't until I reinstalled everything (fresh OS install) a few weeks ago that I started having this problem.

Maybe it is not TS and Profiler but game related. Do you guys all play the same game (or which game?) or does the issue come up also without playing a game?
    I don't think so...This problem starts happening and crashes my box very ungracefully long before I get a chance to actually fire up a game.

One more note - Since my OS reinstall I've noticed that all of my non-keyboard, non-mouse PTT binds stop working after I close and reopen TS. I mentioned this in the /r/hoggit IRC (freenode #hoggit) and other users reporting this happening to them as well -Including people using other controllers such as the TM Warthog (not a saitek/madcatz device). The binds are still there when I go check, but they don't work until I recreate them. I've tried rolling back to 3.0.12, which was necessary anyway for TARS compatibility, but issue persists.

I attempted to attach my settings.db and an example profile but this site said "invalid file". You can find them here and here instead.

Any help is appreciated. I can't fly anything in multiplayer till this is working.

Quote Originally Posted by RicoH View Post
    I still cannot reproduce it but I don't want to give up yet!

Let's share some more information.

I'm testing on Windows 8.1 64 Bit and TeamSpeak Client version 3.0.14 (19.12.2013 10:08:14) which is up to now our latest Beta. My input device is Saitek PLC Saitek X52 Pro Flight Control System, has 39 Buttons and I can assign them all as a hotkey. Even after hours every joystick hotkey is responding but I have to admit, I wasn't in any game so far. The hotkey system of course is "default" which on Windows stands for "Raw Input". We are only interested in buttons so we ignore any axes.

How can I reproduce this?
    I am running Windows 7 Enterprise x64, The latest version of TeamSpeak and the latest Saitek drivers. Since I switch TeamSpeak to ""Keyboard & Mouse Only" mode I have not expierenced this issue.

I would have this problem even when I was NOT in game but if I was running TS and then unplugged my joystick, my computer would go crazy. Mainly I was playing Falcon 4.0 BMS U6 and U7.

I have the same problem as the OP. Changing TS to "Keyboard & Mouse only" fixes the problem. But here are my observations:

TeamSpeak 3 version 3.0.13.1
    Saitek profiler version 7.0.27.13 (driver is same version)
    Windows 7 professional 64bit and I have Saitek x52 Pro.

I play Rise of Flight, but the problems start at desktop when I start TeamSpeak. The display on throttle and all the buttons start blinking. The LEDs are going from dim to very bright randomly. Unplugging joystick makes Windows act strangely: Mouse cursor is movable but mouseclicks result just a "Bing" sound. I first thought that I have problem with my USB port but the blinking and other problems stop if I quit TeamSpeak.
    With TeamSpeak on, If I press a joystick button it doesn't work and I get strange messages on throttle display (like "rrrrrrrrrrraaarrrr") where it should display the name of the function.

Quote Originally Posted by Remontti
    The display on throttle and all the buttons start blinking.
    Might gave us a clue whats happening.

As soon as we register a joystick input device or in other words we
    want Windows to supply every input data of joysticks, the issue starts.
    And even when we do nothing with the data and give it back to Windows
    as received (a common way of not handling messages) the issue stays.

If we start TeamSpeak with the hotkey system "default" the display
    will stop showing SHIFT + MODE and every further button press stays
    in the display.

The mode selector is an always pressed button and we think that is
    probably causing the trouble.

We can't say if this is still happening without the driver and
    what exactly is the driver for? If just for the display there might
    is someone who can test without the driver to get any further?

Seems like the issue is solved with the tonight released Update

- Fixed joystick/gamepad button count.
    Please everyone test it and tell me if the Problem is solved for you. So I not spread around that it is solved and its only solved on my side by any unkown reason

I changed the Option back to "Standard" in TS and no insane mouse cursor anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Duke49th View Post
    Seems like the issue is solved with the tonight released Update

Please everyone test it and tell me if the Problem is solved for you. So I not spread around that it is solved and its only solved on my side by any unkown reason

I changed the Option back to "Standard" in TS and no insane mouse cursor anymore
    I just updated TS and I am still experiencing the problem. I also don't use the profiler, so I don't think it is related to that. Earlier it was asked what games we are playing. I see the problem most with "Rise of Flight". I can usually only play the game for a few minutes before the game starts going choppy. If at that point I un-plug the X-52 I see all the same problems mentioned on this thread (mouse beeping etc)

I am having this exact problem on my x52pro as well. Someone made a useful video to describe the issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wk_mHGc8cU

We think that is related to the fact, that we do not support Direct Input any longer.

Could you test something to approve that?
    1. Make a backup from of your config and setting
    Stored here: %appdata%\TS3Client
    or here: C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\config

2. Download and install client 3.0.12
    http://dl.4players.de/ts/releases/3.0.12/
    3. Start it and set Hotkey Mode to Direct Input (Settings -> Options -> Hotkeys)
    4. Stop the client and restart it.
    5. Now test again with your profiler.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

yes that fixes the problem, did everything you said

So our thoughts wer right. But we will not bring back "Direct Input".
    Please change the hotkey system (Settings -> Options -> Hotkeys) from "Default" to "Keyboard & Mouse Only" to solve this for latest client.
    But as the hotkey system already says -> Hotkeys will only work from mouse or keyborad.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Ok so I followed all of this an now I have one question? How am I supposed to use "Push to Talk" with out being able to use the key on my joystick? HUH? I need to have PtT and I need to have it on my stick.

You will not be able to set PTT to your joystick in that mode.
    We/You will not able to use hardware properly as long it forces Direct Input for any software.

Has there been an X52 fix?

I know its an old bug. TS freezes up your x52 buttons when you have it on. From what I can tell the only fix has been to not use TS, or use a keyboard button. Which sucks. Im just wondering if anyone has found a work around. Thanks.

This is a bug in Joystick software. As quite evidently shown by a reply from dante696 right before yours.
    I see no reason why you ever posted made your message in first place.
    Complain to joystick manufacturer about their software incompatibility.

Thread Information