Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Thread: Modify power...

Hybrid View

Modify power...

Hi guys. I have a small problem with my TS. My hosting accidently deleted my database ( congrats hosting ) and I had to reconfigure everything on my TS. I configured everything, then I went sleep. When I came back my TS started bugging ( or someone messed up... ), because I can't even set a talk power, because it says I have insuciffient modify power... I checked, my Group Modify power is set to 75 and granted to 75. Anyone knows what's the problem here? Also, lets say I have a group that has a 30 text message power, how can I set a moderate channel, that only 40+ can send messages to the channel.

Quote Originally Posted by pa3ck View Post
    Hi guys. I have a small problem with my TS. My hosting accidently deleted my database ( congrats hosting ) and I had to reconfigure everything on my TS. I configured everything, then I went sleep. When I came back my TS started bugging ( or someone messed up... ), because I can't even set a talk power, because it says I have insuciffient modify power... I checked, my Group Modify power is set to 75 and granted to 75. Anyone knows what's the problem here? Also, lets say I have a group that has a 30 text message power, how can I set a moderate channel, that only 40+ can send messages to the channel.
    Hello pa3ck,

I suppose you are the server admin. Do a permission overview, to see where it is being blocked. Do you have b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions applied to your ServerAdmin servergroup?

In regard your second question, Teamspeak don't allow the use of power integer scale to allow the messages into the channel. It is a simple can or cannot write into the channel text chat. What you can do however, is to make that specific channels permission b_client_channel_textmessage_send disabled by default. You can assign after to a desired servergroup the option to skip those restrictions, making them able to speak to the channels. They will have however the power to speak on all restricted channels.

cheers,
    hnd

Quote Originally Posted by hnd11 View Post
    Hello pa3ck,

I suppose you are the server admin. Do a permission overview, to see where it is being blocked. Do you have b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions applied to your ServerAdmin servergroup?

In regard your second question, Teamspeak don't allow the use of power integer scale to allow the messages into the channel. It is a simple can or cannot write into the channel text chat. What you can do however, is to make that specific channels permission b_client_channel_textmessage_send disabled by default. You can assign after to a desired servergroup the option to skip those restrictions, making them able to speak to the channels. They will have however the power to speak on all restricted channels.

cheers,
    hnd
    I had b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions, I tried without it, same error ' insufficient permission modify power '. Anything else should I check?

Looks like you don't have enough i_permission_modify_power. Keep in mind though, that you cannot fix your own i_permission_modify_power as you can only set that permission to a value <= what you already have. Maybe you accidentally set it to a lower value once. You will have to get your hosting company to fix it for you.

Also in addition to hnd11's suggestion about disabling the b_client_channel_textmessage_send on a channel level, you can also use a channel group that grants that permission again, in which case you can control who can and who cannot send textmessages to the channel, by simply assigning that channel group to the person in those channels the client should be able to send messages to the channel.

Thread Information