Forum

TS overlay not working, World of Tanks

most of the time since last update of TS and or WOT update My overlay no longer shoes up on screen for the names.

No logs = no good.

Please attach the overlay log for WOT, which can be found in %AppData%\ts3overlay\logs
    Also make sure you are using the latest overlay from here, which is currently 3.7.23.

I have same problem.

Overlay worked on older version of TS3 but when i uppdated to 3.0.10 version it stopped working.
    Our TS3 server was updated and it requires new version of TS3 so cant rollback to oldone. :I

Would love to get some tip how to get it work again.

There is my World of tanks.exe.log attached to this post.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi,

One thing I noticed is that the logfile ( in C:\Users\pagge\AppData\Roaming\ts3overlay\logs\ ) does not seem to be created when it does not work. I did the following:

1) Look in the directory. There was an old WORLDOFTANKS.EXE.log there. I looked into it and saw all the timestamps were a few days old (presumably from the last time it worked, it seems to be a bit random when it works and not).

2) I deleted all log files.

3) Restart WOT
    - No logfile created

4) Start notepad (or any other app TS recognizes)
    - NOTEPAD.EXE.log is created

Because the NOTEPAD.EXE.log is created I assume Im in the correct place, but because WORLDOFTANKS.EXE.log is not created I assume TS for some reason does not get the information that the game has started at all.

UPDATE:

1) I upgraded to latest versoin here (3.7.23) http://ts3overlay.r-dev.de/download/
    - Did not seem to make a difference

2) I thought I'd reboot my computer to test if overlay would work on first starup as indicated here: http://ts3overlay.r-dev.de/forum/vie...it=overlay+wot

2.1) When rebooting i happend to accept the windows nag-screen telling me to install updates

3) After reboot the overlay seems to work... (restarted both TS and WOT in different orders multiple times) which I suppose is good. Unfortunately I dont know if it was
    a) The updating of the plugin that needed a reboot to "take"
    b) something windows update did.

Now I cannot seem to reproduce the error anymore.

Edit:
    Worked for an entire day with lots of restarts of WOT. Next morning it doesnt work. Reboot computer and it works again.
    Last edited by PaGGeT; July 17th, 2013 at 03:40 PM. Reason: New information

TSOverlay also bugs out on WoT for me after this new update. I think it may have something to do with the ClientQuery, but I'm not sure. Any time the TSOverlay successfully hooks into WoT, it displays a blank box that I'm not able to move or interact with.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Has there been a fix for this yet? Overlay still not working. I have even tried uninstalling and re-installing TS and the plugin but still not working.

WORLDOFTANKS.EXE.log

Is there a Fix for 3.0.11.1 Teamspeak overlay yet? I did an update from TS 3.0.10 to 3.0.11 and the overlay would crash World of Tanks game. So I went back to 3.0.10, and the overlay worked fine. Til yesterday, my teamspeak server said they updated to new teamspeak. So I had no choice to update to 3.0.11 again. Now I have the problem again of teamspeak overlay crashing my game when I run it. Please fix... I did hear asomething about Teamspeak 3 and AMD video cards, but then why doesn't it work when the last version worked fine? I have no logs files, as it doesn't save a log file from wot crashing, just shuts down, and brings me to my desktop with teamspeak still running. Although, World of tanks doesn't crash if I have the overlay turned off. Would like to get this working again, as I like seeing who is talking. thanks for your time

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Is there a Fix for 3.0.11.1 Teamspeak overlay yet? I did an update from TS 3.0.10 to 3.0.11 and the overlay would crash World of Tanks game. So I went back to 3.0.10, and the overlay worked fine. Til yesterday, my teamspeak server said they updated to new teamspeak. So I had no choice to update to 3.0.11 again. Now I have the problem again of teamspeak overlay crashing my game when I run it. Please fix... I did hear asomething about Teamspeak 3 and AMD video cards, but then why doesn't it work when the last version worked fine? I have no logs files, as it doesn't save a log file from wot crashing, just shuts down, and brings me to my desktop with teamspeak still running. Although, World of tanks doesn't crash if I have the overlay turned off. Would like to get this working again, as I like seeing who is talking. thanks for your time
    This was the exact case for me but I was able to post a log.

The plugin is no longer supported from us, since TeamSpeak client beta 3.0.12 was released.
    Please report bugs and problems here > http://ts3overlay.r-dev.de/
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

TS Overlay will not work in World of Tanks after latest update to 3.0.14

I cannot get the TS overlay to work in WOT since I updated to TS 3.0.14 Any suggestions? I have tried re-downloading the plug in, still no success. Don't even suggest overwolf, I have tried it and it continuously crashed my game client.

Thread Information