Forum

Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Sales related license questions (Tech support on forum can not answer Sales topics.)

Edit by mod

Your Thread/Post was merged

We do not and can't give support for non technical questions about licenses.
    These topics belong to our sales department which is not active here in our tech forum.

Thank you for your understanding

Please do not create another post or thread with the same question.
    Please read the FAQ or create a ticket when the FAQ did not answer your question.
    -----------------original post below-----------------

I'm migrating a TS Server with a Non-Profit License key from one system to another (different IP's).

Would I need to update the NPL with the new IP Address information?

If so where/how do I go about doing this as I'm finding it difficult to find the information?!
    Last edited by dante696; December 15th, 2017 at 06:44 PM.

Do not start/use the NPL license on 2 different IP's at the same time.

How to move:
    Stop the server with IP1 and move the license file to server with IP2.
    Now start the server with Ip2 and do not start Server with IP1 with your license file.

This thread will be merged, because this was answered before

edit < I can not find the other thread. I rename this thread and will use this one instead.
    Last edited by dante696; August 20th, 2012 at 01:54 PM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

New NPL terms questions

Hey everyone,

recently I noticed the new NPL rules. I've got some questions now:
    1. Do people with an existing license have to reapply, so they actually have to accept the new license? Or does the license still renew itself?
    2. The new license says that you must run it on a physical machine. Most users (like me) will only have a VPS with a static IP. Does this mean they no longer qualify for a license?
    3. In case your server IP changes e.g. due to switching your provider, do you have to update your registration? I'm not even sure if this is actually possible.

As with all License questions, please ask our Sales Team directly.

Non-Profit License

Hello,

I was wondering how long it normally takes to get a non-profit license. I put in for one about 3 days ago and it says it normally takes 2 days. I still have no received an email.

Does that mean I did not qualify or..?

Thank You!

Where does it say that?
    It can take several weeks, usually around 15 business days.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Where does it say that?
    It can take several weeks, usually around 15 business days.
    My email I got:

** ATTENTION **

Before completing the registration process for your TeamSpeak 3 Non-Profit License, you MUST confirm your email address by clicking on the link below:

Once your email has been confirmed, your application will be reviewed by a member of our staff, typically within two business days.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Novadrake1111 View Post
    I was wondering how long it normally takes to get a non-profit license. I put in for one about 3 days ago and it says it normally takes 2 days. I still have no received an email.

Does that mean I did not qualify or..?
    ... better you just wait.

Note: there is a red banner in the NPL application page http://npl.teamspeakusa.com/ts3npl.php
    that says:
    Code:
    NPL applications are processed manually by our USA office between Monday 9AM until Friday 5PM USA Pacific time, excluding holidays and weekends. 
    Due to heavy NPL application workload, NPL processing may take up to 15 calendar days.
    and "NPL processing may take up to 15 calendar days" appears in bold.

Then, where does it say "it normally takes 2 days"?. It is interesting to know it because you are not the only one that has written here after the third day without answer.

Sales related license questions (We only offer technical support on forum.)

Your Thread/Post was merged

We do not and can not give "non technical" support for any kind of license on forum.
    Such topics belong to our sales department Please read the FAQ

Please do not create another post or thread about this.
    Right now I'm running TS3-server with non-profit license. It is running good and stable, but sometimes I have problem with my server (HW) or network connection, so my TS3-server is inaccessible. Quite unpleasant, if this happens right in the time when our band want to meet on TS...

For such a case I would like to run one more TS3-server (unlicensed/unregistered) on different host/ip, as a backup for my primary TS3-server. Is this allowed?
    Last edited by dante696; April 24th, 2017 at 09:00 PM.

No, you can not.
    If you want to use your server in multiple locations you need to purchase a license.

Am I mistaken or would it be possible with the old-style NPL? The NPL was not IP-bound, so it should theoretically be possible to have a server A running on IP A with 256 slots and another server B with 256 slot on IP B, shouldn't it?!

Quote Originally Posted by Barungar View Post
    Am I mistaken or would it be possible with the old-style NPL? The NPL was not IP-bound, so it should theoretically be possible to have a server A running on IP A with 256 slots and another server B with 256 slot on IP B, shouldn't it?!
    That is how the old license was. I don't know when he got his license or if when TS is renewing licenses if they are being moved to the new license.

Post How do I get a non-profit license?

Non-profit license we need to increase the number of slots in their TeamSpeak server .. I went to them, request 4 days ago have not yet answered nothing

It can take a few weeks or more, be patient

Quote Originally Posted by Air SeaTac View Post
    It can take a few weeks or more, be patient
    Greetings. I'm also trying to get the NPL and they wrote in a letter to the term - up to 15 calendar days. But 16 days have passed and there is no answer.
    What is the opportunity to clarify the status is? If denied, so at least would have written probably ...

Thread Information