Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

i_channel_needed_subscribe_power for avatar control in server groups

can i use i_channel_needed_subscribe_power on a server group to set what server groups can view other server groups avatars?

I Admin for an adult gaming clan. normally avatars aren't an issue but recently we have had a couple members let there kids log into our server to play with other people in the game.. i would like to set up a jr member group that cant see avatars of other server groups can i use i_channel_needed_subscribe_power in the server group setup to block there ability to see avatars. or would i use i_channel_needed_description_view_power if it can be done. i don't want to have to tone down the adults who play but i don't want to have to say no kids at all. thank you for any help.

I totally misread the mentioned permissions, please don't pay attention to the next few lines:

The permissions you mentioned are not affective on avatars at all, they only apply on who can see a channels description. I can't mind any way in how to change who is able to see each others avatar. You are only able to delete the avatars per person in general. Maybe you can set up a second virtual server for the kids?
    Last edited by Bloodsoul; June 9th, 2013 at 04:46 PM.

my train of thought was a low i_channel_needed_subscribe_power keeps you from seeing who is in a channel.. cant see cant click on person... so if a server groups i_channel_subscribe_power is set too low for another groups need power then the group is hidden in general... if this works then jr server group can see jr server group but not member officer admin etc. hmm that could be problematic though. hmm is it describe power or description power that allows you to see users?
    Last edited by OtioseCur; June 9th, 2013 at 10:16 AM.

Oh sorry.. you are totally right.. I didn't read carefully enough
    Subscribe Power will prevent users from subscribing to channels. This will only work if the users with avatars are always in channels where the "kids" (and maybe guests, since everyone can easily become guest) don't have permission to subscribe to or to join. Once they are able to join onto the same channel or the avatar users switch to a channel where the kids can subscribe to, they can also see the avatars.

Additionally, there are maybe some other ways to display avatars e.g. Webscripts that can display more informations about the users on the channel or other tools.
    Last edited by Bloodsoul; June 10th, 2013 at 07:55 AM.

would be nice to see an i_client_view_description_needed option in the future. tie avatar to set client description. but anyhow. if the option is primaraly for channel subscribe why have needed option in the server group client section?

Unlike TS2 any permission layer in TS3 contains the same permissions.
    Guess its easier to implement and show.

Thread Information