Forum

Logitech G430 issues

hey there,

I am having issues with teamspeak, gaming and the logitech G430 headset using the Logitech gaming software(current)
    what happens is i have teamspeak 3 running and i load up a game and everything goes fine. sound and mic are working.

but when i ALT - TAB out of the game to the desktop and then back into the game i lose sound and mic functions.

this seems to only happen when i have TS3 running. I've tried contacting Logitech and am waiting for support from the second tier tech team.

I've tried a lot to rectify the issue but only found further issues like having TS3 running with iTunes where i open or close TS3 the music played on iTunes lowers the volume and comes back when i close TS3.

any help would be appreciated.

Try the following: Open the Windows control panel, select sound, click on communication, and switch to the last of the options (do nothing). Maybe this will help.

yea tried a lot and that was one of those things that i tried.

TS3 just cuts any game audio right down and to one channel usually the right channel

is it because of the 8.1 direct X ... do i need to install directX 8.1 ?

Maybe this is a problem with the Logitech device or driver, I've heard from similar problems using G35. Try selecting Stereo Sound instead of Surround Sound using the Logitech Gaming Software, this helped alot with the G35.

i've tried a lot of things. set my settings to windows audio in playback\record worked until i shut down teamspeak and tried again.

headset works fine without TS3. I've heard that the software doesn't like VoIP programs (skype\mumble\ts3)

I at wits end with this ... contacted who i needed to contact ... and still no resolution in sight.

Similar problem with my sons g430

Quote Originally Posted by thaz1098 View Post
    i've tried a lot of things. set my settings to windows audio in playback\record worked until i shut down teamspeak and tried again.

headset works fine without TS3. I've heard that the software doesn't like VoIP programs (skype\mumble\ts3)

I at wits end with this ... contacted who i needed to contact ... and still no resolution in sight.
    Definitely does not like skype. G430s will work fine and then skype will randomly and no apparent reason use laptop speaker which may or may not kill g430s.

Let me know if you make and strides and resolving the issue.

chris424

I have the same problem. The temporary solution I've found is to plug the headset in a different USB port to reinstall the driver. It works for a short time...very short time.

Hey There, seem to have figured out the problem. Its a conflict between the headset and TS3 i get a similar probelm where if i load a game with TS open my device turns off then on then no noise in game only solution will be to start the game without TS3 or maybe an external usb hub or to get a sound card to support 7.1 and use the jack instead of the USB sound card the headset came with. Please let me know if this helps.

Thread Information