Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

NPL License: I need some clarifications

Hello everyone, I'm here to ask you some questions about how to get a Non-Profit License for my Game Guild. Reading the requirements, it seems quite hard getting one, especially for gamers like me and my friends. (Sorry for my awful English)

1)You MUST have a verifiable, operational website on a custom domain (eg - 'www.mygroupsite.com').
    2)You MUST have an email address associated with your custom domain (eg - '[email protected]' -- personal email addresses as well as free email services such as gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc, are no longer valid).
    3)You MUST provide a static IP address on which you intend to run your NPL-licensed server. If an NPL has already been issued on the IP address you supply, your application will be denied.
    4)You MUST host your NPL-licensed server on a unique IP address.
    5)When we verify your website, it CANNOT have any donation buttons or advertising of any kind.

I have just rent a VPS Server to host my TS Server on it, and I'm a quite a noob about Servers etc. But in spite of this I managed to make my TS works! What I would like to know now is if I can satisfy the requirements thank to my VPS.

1) We have a Guild Forum, but it's hosted by a profit company, must (and can) we create a website on my VPS Server?
    2) Can I create an email service on my VPS Server? (So that I can offer an address like [email protected])
    3) Is ok providing the IP of my Server?
    4) Quite clear.
    5) Not a problem! (Even if it's hard paying all with my pocket )

Thank you in advance for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by Fast6 View Post
    I have just rent a VPS Server to host my TS Server on it, and I'm a quite a noob about Servers etc. But in spite of this I managed to make my TS works! What I would like to know now is if I can satisfy the requirements thank to my VPS.

1) We have a Guild Forum, but it's hosted by a profit company, must (and can) we create a website on my VPS Server?
    2) Can I create an email service on my VPS Server? (So that I can offer an address like [email protected])
    3) Is ok providing the IP of my Server?
    4) Quite clear.
    5) Not a problem! (Even if it's hard paying all with my pocket )

Thank you in advance for any help!
    1+2) The email address used must be the same domain than the website. So if the website is fast6.ex then you mail must be [email protected]
    If your webhost allows you email addresses on your domain, then it's easy really. Otherwise you'll have more problems.
    Please note that fast6.myhoster.ex is not a valid domain for the purpose of requesting a non profit license.

3) You will have to provide the IP address on which the TeamSpeak server will be running. If the TeamSpeak is running on your VPS IP then you will have to provide that.

Thank you for the answers! One more question:

Can the IP I provide be different from the one of my Website? (Probably a dumb question, but I'm quite ignorant about Server operation)

P.S.
    I probably will run my TS Server and Website on the same VPS (Same IP?), if possible...

Yes, you can even apply for a license on a complete different server. You only have to met the requirements and not have to run all of that on one single server and IP

Thank you for clarification.
    I managed to make my site works (I'm still impressed by it ) but now I can reach it only through VPS_IP/directory_name. I know that to be eligible for a NPL you need a custom domain and an email link to that. So, how can I get a custom domain for my website?

EDIT:
    Something like GoDaddy could work? And one more thing, am I obliged to keep my website operative forever?
    Last edited by Fast6; June 8th, 2013 at 10:03 PM.

As long as you use your NPL you need to have the website going yes.
    If you one day decide your clan is disbanding and thus you don't need the TS3 anymore the website can be gone as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    As long as you use your NPL you need to have the website going yes.
    If you one day decide your clan is disbanding and thus you don't need the TS3 anymore the website can be gone as well.
    Thank you for the reply. And what about GoDaddy to get a custom domain?

Thread Information